Chapter 6

Poke...

Something keep on poking my cheek, using my hand I brush away whatever that was poking me.

I heard muffled giggles. Settling by in my previous position, dozing off again.

Poke.

I ignore it, seconds later.

Poke.

Peeking from between my lashes the bright morning sunlight blind me temporary causes me to blink rapidly and groan. The bright light was replaced by a small figure blocking it from my view. Readjusting my vision as I feel another poke on my cheek.

Once my vision adjusted a toothy smile come into view followed by another poke. A small smile spread across my lips. Rose hover over me, her map of hair hangs in all direction as she tucks her tongue out to me.

'Oh yeah, I got you now' I thought flipping her, she squeals loudly as I hover her and tickle her mercilessly. Sounds of her laughter echoed of the wall of the small apartment.

" Stop, please stop", a breathless Rose says through her giggling as she pants hard.

Deciding to end her tickling torture, I kiss her forehead "Morning baby".

"Good morning Zaria, Saturday you promise to take me to the zoo", Rose said excited.

"And I will but only after breakfast".

"Fine, I can't wait" Rose exclaim.

****************************

After brushing my teeth and washing hair, I feel so refresh after my shower. I use a towel to dry the excess water from my hair then pull it into a messy bun leaving it to air dry. Pulling on a comfy black jean, white T-shirt over my matching black bra and underwear and my white vans.

Matching in to the living room/ kitchen, the kitchen is separate from the living room by the dining table. I spot Rose sitting on the sofa watching her favorite cartoon 'Peppa Pig'. I watch her amused as she crunches her nose in total concentration as she focuses on the television.

"Rose", I call.

she turns her gaze from the TV to me, "Yes Z".

"What do you want for breakfast?"

"Chocolate chip pancakes please", she told me giddily, its her favorite well mine too. I don't  know why I bother to ask when she always request the same, we both love every and anything to do with chocolate. If it's up to her she would have chocolate pancakes for breakfast lunch and dinner.

"Chocolate chip pancake it is", shaking my head. I made our favorite in little to no time. I watch as she devours her pancakes with her eyes glistening gave me great job, seeing her happy as never fail to make me happy, especially knowing I am the cause of her happiness.

After breakfast we left for the zoo. The Hope Zoo is located 40 minutes away from our apartment. As we are approaching the parking lot of the zoo, Rose clap excitedly. "Can we go to the lions first please or the monkeys. OH! OH! Lets go to the bear and snakes first"

"Slow down Rose we can see them all so which would you like to see first?", I chuckled, looking back at her amused.

"Okay then, lions and hurry Z. We need to go before it gets crowdy" Rose states as we got out of the car, she pulls me towards the entrance. I have been bringing Rose to the zoo from she could walk, she as all ways been fascinated with animals, something we both share.

Rose spot a snack truck not too far from us on our way to the lion cage. "Can I get some candy please Z" Rose give me her puppy dog eyes, I never could resist.