Chapter 33

"I know"

"Yes"

"I will"

"Thanks"

"Tell James I'll speak to him soon"

"Yeah, I miss you too"

"Later Clarie, I'll speak to you again soon"

"Bye," I disconnected the call and place the phone on the counter.

Talking to Clarie, I feel sadness steep through me at how sad she sounded. I need to visit her soon and I know Rose misses her too, although they speak at least twice a day. Thinking of Rose I realized both her and Marcus isn't back as yet. They went grocery shopping this morning.

It as been two weeks since I had overheard Marcus asking Levi about me and my pass. We had our first argumen that day.

Flashback

I glared at him hard making him glup thickly and he knew he was in deep shit.

Leviticus left us to talk as he pushed me in the room that looks to be an office and closed the door behind him. I continue to glare at Marcus as I feel angrier building, I don't know why I feel so angry at him.

"I told you we would take things slow, but after last night I had to ask dad if you were okay," Marcus explains, his gaze still filled with concern.

"And you couldn't ask me if I was okay?" I ask him, "I would appreirate it if you wouldn't go behind my back and inquire about me. If you have something to say or ask, ask me don't go behind my back"

He nods and says, "I am sorry. I shouldn't have went behind your back, but you look so tormented last night and so troubled"

My angry melt away as I could only imagine what I must have look like in that moment. "Okay," I told him, "I will tell you about my pass someday but not today, when I am ready. I want us to have a honest relationship or whatever this is," I gestured between us with my hands.

"Okay," Marcus nods.

End of flashback.

The relationship between Marcus and I is growing slowly, but surely. I am getting comfortable with his display of affection in public and getting comfortable with being around him and with the idea of us mating one day.

We have been learning about each other, what's our likes and dislikes, etc. My feels for him also grew, it could be the mate bond but I believe they are all geniune. Marcus has been nothing but kind and sweet to me and Rose. The nightmare's never stopped and in Marcus's arms I would find myself every night after one. Being in his arms the nightmares never came, so I ask him to sleep with me. And when I say sleep with me, I mean just sleep.

"What are you thinking of?" Blair ask. I met Blair last week at the introduction cermony where Marcus had introducing me as the future Luna of the pack. To say they cheered and celebrated was on understatment. The pack treated me like a queen. Blair and I hit it off right away. I found out she is a little older than me and that she is mated to the second in command, which makes her the Beta female.

"Some stuff, it's so big deal," I answered, smiling at my friend. I have never been more happy then I am right now, living amongst these people.

"So, what are you going to do today, Luna?" she asked teasingly.

"I won't ever get used to that name," I told her shaking my head.

"You will soon," Blair said, "The pack is so happy to finally have a Luna and the moon goddess blessed us to have someone as strong as you."