Chapter 38

'Sins of the past,

You will now pay the cost,

I will take all that you hold near,

Their soul I'll feast on, their fresh I'll tear,

One by one,

Even if it's their head, eye or hand,

You'll be getting them in peices right where you stand,

Who should I take next? Marcus or little Rose,

You all will get the full dose,

And soon you'll be nothing but a ghost.'

The letter read. The content that followed caused my world to crumble beyond repair and eyes to widen. As the contents fell from my hand, I felt a scream bubbling, thinking fast I cover my mouth to contain the scream. I didn't want to frighten Rose, knowing she was in the next room.

Hearing the door open, I snap my eyes to it. Marcus entered looking tired and ragged.

"I-I found t-this just now," My voice quivers as I point to the contents on the floor. Marcus rush to my side, gasping at what he saw.

"It can't be, can it?" I asked hoping he would say no. "I saw him a while ago"

"I came to asked you if you knew where he was," Marcus face is changing shade to blue, he seems ready to throw up. "He isn't answering through the mind-link"

"He said he was going on a run and that he would be back soon," I told him pushing pass the lumping forming. "This can't be Levi's, could it? It must be some twisted joke"

Fear went through my system head on, wishing not to know the answer to the question I just asked. Marcus snap his eyes to me glaring at me disgusted and accusing.

"That's my dad pendant covered in blood stuffed in a freshly plucked eye ball. Could it be a twisted joke you asked?" His tone getting harsher. "You better pray went they run DNA on it, it's not his. Or you'll be sorry you ever met me"

'I am already sorry I met you,' I wanted to shout at him but he had already vanish through the door with the contents of the letter.

Can't I catch a break. My life is a constant hell hole, only pain, struggling and suffering. I am so scared, wondering if it could actually be one of Levi's eyes in the evelope. Everyone around me is paying for some sin a committed, not knowing what it was. The only thing I had ever done was murder my cousin and beat dick head Bob.

I wonder who could be doing this.

'Could it be dick head Bob?' My mind questions.

I don't think he is capable of this, besides he had lost his memories and I don't think he could ever walk again.

'What about kimberly?'

I don't think she is smart enough to do this, but who knows. I can't think of anyone else, I think to myself.

'What about Desmond?' My conscience probed.

He couldn't have survive that stab wound, he just couldn't.

I don't know how long I had been last in my mind thinking to myself, but Rose soft voice pulled me from my thoughts.

"Z, I am hungry," Rose whined, standing at the door. She is so innocent and the only person I love the most. As I stare at her chubby face, all I see is my mom looking back at me. So beautiful, so innocent. I had vowed to myself to protect her at cost and I am going to keep that promise.