Part 10

I hummed a tune while I prepared Taehyung's breakfast. I had to read the prescription given to me by the doctor for like ten times to make the correct meal.

The other maids were not there since he was supposed to have light meals for a few days. And the one to prepare that was  none other than me.

I took the tray with soup and skipped into his room.

"Breakfast time," I put the tray next to him and was about to leave when he grabbed my wrist. I turned to look at him with a 'what now?' look.

"Aren't you going to feed me?" He stared at me, almost pouting.

Not this face please.

"You have hands, use them."

He whimpered after holding his hands, "I can't. They were injured because of a certain someone."

Guilt tripping, huh?

I heaved a long sigh and took a seat next to him, putting the tray on my lap. I shoved the spoonful of soup into his mouth.

He frowned after eating it, "Can't you be a little more gentle? I'm in pain here?"

My eyes twitched and I fake smiled. "Oh I'm sorry, Your Majesty. I will try to take care of you like the baby you are now," I batted my eyelashes and brought the spoon slowly up to his mouth.

"Say 'Ah'."

His glare made me shiver a bit, but I kept my cool. He opened his mouth and gulped down the soup.

I continued feeding him in this manner and it actually felt like I was giving soup to my own child. I snorted thinking about that.

He pouted, "Do I look funny or something?"

I giggled, "No, you just look so cute right now."

He froze and a blush was making its way to his cheeks.

I realized that I just said that out loud and bit my lips.

We stared at each other for a few minutes and I jumped up from his bed. I quickly put the empty bowl on the tray and walked to the door, "Forget what I just said."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

I walked around the village that was located near the castle with Xiao. She dragged me here saying that I was a hermit or something and that I was in desperate need to go shopping. I didn't understand how it would've helped as the only clothes that I would ever need were my maid outfit, pyjamas, and my casual outfit.

But here I was, carrying around about ten bags of new clothes that I might never wear. As for Xiao, she had twice the amount that I was carrying.

"Xiao, I don't think I'll ever wear these many clothes," I huffed tired.

Only an hour of shopping and I was already exhausted.

"Psh! Nonsense. You don't really want to stay in that castle forever, do you? Besides, the annual ball is tomorrow and-"

"Hold up. There's a ball tomorrow?!" I yelled out surprised.

She chuckled nervously, "Y-Yeah, I didn't mention that?"

I gave her a death glare and she cowered backwards, "Okay... I guess I forgot to tell you that."

I sighed. "It's fine. I won't be attending that ball anyway."

She snapped her head towards me and started to shake my body. "You. Are. Attending. That. Ball. I don't care if I have to drag you there."

"Who will be there?"

"Some other princes and princesses, dukes and duchesses, us, dressed up of course, and some well-known commoners."

I was confused. "Wait, shouldn't we be serving them?"

She chuckled, "No, it's like a buffet. It's a serve-your-own-damn-self event. Plus, it's a masquerade ball."

I nodded.

So that's why she bought masks. I thought they were for collections.

I chuckled. Who even collects masks.

But then I remembered, I did.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

I was about to enter Taehyung's room to check up on him, but stopped when I heard a female voice.

A very sweet and delicate voice.

"Are you sure, Taehyung?" She asked with so much worry.

There was a long silence.

"Yes," he stated. "The sooner, the better, right? I will announce that we're getting married tomorrow at the ball. You should go back and tell your... brother... the day after tomorrow that we're having our ceremony three days after the ball."

I couldn't believe what I just heard.

He... He was...

I ran back to my room and locked it.

It felt as if my whole world came crashing down. My chest hurt so much that I couldn't breathe properly. It was excruciatingly painful.

I didn't even think he would decide to marry her this soon.

I didn't know what to do...

I could only cry...

A/N: I'm out of ideas for fluff scenes. Guess I'll just go into the main plot now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter ❣️