five

Today is Easter, and Tobias and I are at Mom and Dad's helping them set up for the family we have coming over.

Caleb and Amanda recently bought a house here in Chicago, and they moved all their stuff from their apartment in California to their new house about a week ago. They realized that since they spend such a large portion of the year in Chicago that they might as well just move here. So they're still unpacking some stuff and are going to be here in a little while.

Evelyn came over from Springfield, along with my grandparents from Portland. They're all already here actually, my grandma and Evelyn in the kitchen with Mom, and Grandpa is hiding eggs in the backyard with Dad, Tobias, and I. Dad and Grandpa head inside while Tobias finishes hiding eggs. He strides towards me as I lean against the patio furniture. Approaching me, Tobias's hands cup my face as he leans down to kiss me, but end up settling on my waist as our lips meet.

He pulls away and instructs me to close my eyes. Complying, I shut them tight, and laugh as I feel a plastic Easter egg cracking on my head. As I open my eyes, I playfully shove Tobias's shoulder as he chuckles.

"You ass," I giggle, and Tobias just laughs in response as he places his hand on the back of my neck to pull me in for another blissful kiss.

At least he gave me the candy that came out of the egg.

Later, I'm sitting on the rug the living room with Jackson in my lap. I can't believe the twins are going to be two years old in a few weeks, these little pumpkins are growing up too fast.

Mom calls everyone outside so the kids can start hunting for eggs. Pointing an egg out for Olivia to go grab, I look over at Tobias to see him watching me as he talks to his mom and Caleb. I blow a kiss to him and he catches it, pulling it to his chest. Shaking my head, I let out a laugh and go back to helping Olivia search for eggs.

Once all the eggs were found and we all ate, Aunt Rebecca, Evelyn, and I all help Mom take plates into the kitchen.

Grandma wanders in after us, carrying two more plates, as I hop onto the counter in the middle of the room. Her health has been declining recently, and that makes me really sad. My grandma means the world to me, and I'm going to be a wreck when she goes. My father's parents both passed before I was eight, so I don't remember them much, but Gram and Gramps have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Gram was the one who taught me how to ride horses, and realizing now that I haven't done that in years upsets me.

Mom and Evelyn wash dishes and Grandma and Aunt Rebecca both take seats at the island.

"Sweetheart, when are you and Tobias going to get a house?" my grandma asks, brushing through my hair with her fingers.

"I don't know, Grandma. We haven't talked about it at all. Our apartment is amazing though, and I think I want to stay there for awhile," I answer, smiling at her.

"Mom, have you not been to their apartment? It's gorgeous," Aunt Rebecca comments.

"Yeah, Tobias did a great job finding it," Evelyn adds. She would've been staying with us this weekend, but since we changed our guest room into a nursery, we don't have that space for her anymore. Mom and Dad both love having her here too, so I wasn't very worried about it.
𖤐  𖤐  𖤐  𖤐  𖤐
It's been a few weeks now, I'm about to be 26 weeks on Friday, and there was a new addition to the gang. Shauna went into labor last night around five, and Tobias and I visited her and Zeke at the hospital for a while. Their daughter wasn't born until very early this morning though, so Tobias and I are just getting back to the hospital to meet her right now.

Tobias parks and we get out, walking to their room hand in hand. I knock on the open door as we walk in. Shauna's sitting on the bed with her daughter in her arms and Zeke sitting next to her. Zeke stands before we reach them and greets me with a hug.

"Hey gorgeous," I say to Shauna as I hug her.

"Hey," she smiles, adjusting her hold on her daughter so I can see her face. "This is Chloe Mae Pedrad."

"She's beautiful, Shaun. Can I hold her?" I ask.

"Yeah, of course, T," she replies and passes Chloe over to me. Chloe wakes up a bit, and a big yawn escapes her mouth.

"Are we the first visitors this morning?" Tobias asks as I gently bounce up and down to soothe the baby in my arms.

"No," Zeke answers. "My Mom was here along with Shauna's parents and Lynn."

"Tobs, you wanna come hold her?" I suggest, getting ready to hand Chloe over.

Tobias shakes his head, shoving his hands in his front pockets, "No that's okay, I will another time."

"Are you sure?" Shauna inquires, raising her eyebrows. Tobias just nods his head.

"Okay," I murmur, instead giving Chloe back to Shauna.

Tobias and I stay for a while longer before leaving to get some lunch. Once we're both in the car, I put my head in my hand and lean on the center console. To me, it was kind of odd for Tobias to not hold Chloe, because I've seen him hold babies before and he's been great. I love watching him with babies, so I'm a little confused.

Tobias puts the keys in the ignition and starts the car, checking a text as he does so.

As soon as Tobias catches me staring at him, he asks, "What?"

"Oh, nothing," I reply, sitting up. "You're just extremely handsome." Tobias chuckles and I lean back over the console to kiss his cheek.

"Okay, I lied," I say.

Tobias fake gasps, "I'm not extremely handsome?"

Now it's my turn to laugh. "No not about that." I grab his hand. "Why didn't you hold Chloe?" I question.

He shrugs, "I don't really know. You were holding her, and I wanted to, too, but when you asked I felt like I was frozen. It just reminded me that this is all happening so fast. What if I drop him, Tris?" The way he says that last part makes me giggle a bit, but I quickly regain my composure.

"Babe, I highly doubt that's going to happen," I say, trying to reassure him. "And if it does you just pick him up and hope he won't remember it." Tobias's mood lightens a bit and he laughs with me this time. Then his face darkens again. Now I know this is about more than dropping the baby.

"What if I turn out like him?" It doesn't take much for me to know that this has been in his head for a while, if not that then when I told I am pregnant. I grip his hand tighter and look into his deep blue eyes.

"You're not going to," I start, but Tobias interrupts me.

"You don't know that."

"I do, Tobs. You have more love for this baby in the tip of your pinky than he had for you in his whole body. You don't have the capability to turn out like him." Tobias sighs, and I reach across the console to hug him. He relaxes in the hug, and I kiss his cheek before pulling back from the hug.

"Okay, let's get on the road. This mama's hungry," I say, making Tobias laugh again as he backs the car out of the parking spot.
𖤐  𖤐  𖤐  𖤐  𖤐
A/N: omg guys!! i'm officially a sophomore in high school!!! still have 7 months till i can drive tho so i'm stuck on a bus full of middle schoolers👍🏼🙃 actually 7 months from today!!
also, i'm like not even a month into school + i already know this year is gonna suck. homecoming's next week + i'm rly excited!! i wish i had a date tho...😕
i've already had 2 quizzes in math and have failed both of them so that's fantastic😭 i just want this year to go by rly fast so i can go on my trip to italy + greece!! ahhhhhhhh i'm sooo excited!!! also my crush talked to me for the first time this year so that made my day👍🏼 well that's about it with me so i'll leave it there.
i love you guys so much!! i hope you like the chapter and thank you for reading!💕
-Аɴɴɑ💙🐻🤙🏼🤩🌻🚙🌠