(1) Morning

wheewww first fanfic that focuses like 90% on a ship!! if y'all don't know, this is a Klance soulmate au. i really really hope this turns out well!!! >< not sure if anyone will be reading this, since my account has been used only for Harry Potter before this, oh welp. spoilers for this book: the idea behind this is that Keith is fire and Lance is water/ice. so it's kindasorta like one of those opposites attract/ angel and devil kind of thing, only that they have some stuff in common.
(side note the youtube vid on top is Someone To You by the Banners, it's the song i was listening to as I was writing planning it, and is sorta related to this chapter/the book? like not necessarily the mood, but content kinda. i mean, it's what i imagine Lance would set his alarm to >< the song keith's alarm is set to is Flares by the Script. I'm only putting it in later tho cos i kinda wanna start this chapter on a less "depressing" note. I'll probably be adding songs into my other chapters too, idk. and I'll try to make it as related to the chapter as possible. don't mind if they are different language (probably chinese) though. I usually only listen to chinese songs and only occasionally fall in love with an english song... ye.)

this is for @chocochipvanilla my voltron fangirling buddy and @sapphirexblues my writing buddy >< 

and one more thing -- pls correct me if you spot any flaws in my english ><

LET'S DO THIS

*~*~*~
"
I don't wanna die or fade away
I just wanna be someone

Dive and disappear without a trace
I just wanna be someone
Well, doesn't everyone?
And if you feel the great dividing
I wanna be the one you're guiding
'Cause I believe that you could lead the way
"

  At the third ring of the alarm, Lance finally awoke from his deep slumber. It was 7.30am, and class started at 8.30am. He had been telling himself the past few weeks to get up early, then you would be able to take your time yet still be punctual. But nooooo. He was a night owl sort of person, the extreme kind that they would feel drowsy in the day, or okay at best, and super duper energetic as night fell. He had tried taking sleeping pills to help, but they never worked. Besides, his element was water. Not just that, but his specialty was ice. He thrived in the cold. And when was the coldest time of day? At night, of course. Just happened to be the time he least wanted to be energetic.

  One thing saving him, though, was that his family was huge and caring. They had an old rule in the house: The first one to wake up should make breakfast for everyone else, while whoever can, will help. This rule was not enforced, but everyone voluntarily did it anyways. No one tried to avoid this by waking up late, and no one minded waking up the earliest. That was one of the good things about being in a poor family, actually. Everyone was helpful to one another.

  Lance rubbed his eyes groggily, listening to the chorus of the song that he had set to be his ringtone. Once the chorus was over, he turned off his alarm and suddenly there was a complete change of atmosphere in the room -- from the peacefulness one feels just waking up, to the panic of one realising he was late. That was Lance's change in mood, actually. "Fu- uh- shi- quiznak!" he swore, and scrambled out of bed. He rushed into the shower. Five minutes later, he took his clothes from his wardrobe. The usual "back-up outfit for whenever there is a need for speed" as he called it -- any shirt, usually white for the speed and simplicity of not making a choice, skinny jeans, Addidas shoes, and a cargo jacket with a hoodie.