(4) How Far You Will Fall

Wow why are the songs i add so irrelevant to the story line??
also I realised that I get writers' block when I do academic/grade-related stuff in school. So there you go, I'm back with a mild writers' block cos we just went through exam papers before I started writing this chapter.

On with the story (this is gonna be a short chapter, btw)

Keith's POV

Keith could not believe his luck. Not only did he have to face first period without Matt, but he had to be introduced by the younger Holt sibling to two of the students also in his first period. Just great, now I'll be obliged to talk to them!

The Holt siblings had bid them goodbye, Matt going off to mathematics and Pidge to try find her friend Allura. That left Lance, Hunk and Keith to go for physics together.

Calm down and think of what you'll be doing with Shiro and Adam at the end of this week. He silently chided himself, letting out a small sigh. That could only happen if he could survive the entire first week of school. How he had made it through the past few years, he never knew.

"Earth to Keith~," said Lance in a sing-song voice, waving his hand in front of his face. That snapped the shorter boy out of his thoughts.

"You okay buddy? You look so stressed," Hunk observed, concerned.

"I- what- oh, yeah. I'm fine. Just- thinking about stuff," he responded hastily.

"Lighten up, pretty boy!" Lance laughed, grinning brightly at him. "The three of us have first period together! Isn't that great? We get to be with friends!"

He received a shrug in response, although Keith did allow a small smile to form. It was one so tiny, it almost went unnoticed. Lance and Hunk, however, were sensitive to these things, and they knew Keith was warming up to them. They shared a pleased smile.

Keith had originally wanted to snipe at Lance for calling pretty boy, but he did not know what to say as it seemed like Lance was just teasing him lightly and was not being sarcastic. Besides, he asked himself, what was there to lose getting a compliment? Nothing, right?

How very wrong he was. Little did he know how far he would fall.

*~*~*~

Matt's POV

"Matt! Hey, Matt!"

Matt whipped around at the sound of his name to see one of his best friends, Cassidy, running up to him. Before he knew what was happening, she had quickly enveloped him in a hug.

As he returned the hug, he wondered, why is my heart racing? Why do I feel so nervous? It's just my best friend! So what if it's a girl?

"Great to see you again, Cass," he grinned, hiding the blush rising to his cheeks. Yeesh, I bet my ears are red. Good thing my hair's kinda long, it'll probably cover it up.

If Cassidy had noticed his less than natural behaviour, Matt would not have known, as she said nothing about his face being practically as red as a tomato.

"We have a lot to catch up on, Matthew Holt," she said, like a parent scolding a child, "But first, let's walk to our first period. I have math, can you believe it? First period. First day!"

Matt laughed, "Well, I have math too, and it isn't that bad, is it?"

"Well, not that bad, yeah, but tiring and boring as your first lesson of the year, of every week, on the first day- wait, did you say you have math now, too? You mean Mr Blaytz?"

What she said came out in such an excited rush towards the end, Matt nearly did not understand what she said. But he did and nodded.

"Yep."

"Ooh, then math can't be that bad at all! Come on, we'll talk along the way. Don't wanna be late!" she announced gleefully, taking his hand and pulling him down the hallway, taking him by surprise too. Matt did not protest. He was falling, he had been from a long time ago. He was only going to fall further. Not like he'd ever want to come back up, away from his friend.

Second chapter... in a day?? Since when whoa. Another short chapter cos I just felt like it haha. Forcing myself out of my temporary writers' block was fun. At least I feel productive typing away at my computer HAHA. This chapter is sorta a filler, but oh welp, just wanted to make myself write something. I'll try to come up with the next, hopefully longer chapter, by tomorrow or Sunday. Or should I leave my chapters short with frequent updates?