04 | The Proposal

Hyorin looked at Kouen, completely dumbfounded.

"Ughhh?" she asked, failing to hide the disapproval in her tone.

Kouen immediately turned on his heel and headed to the door. Take it or leave it; he had no time to deal with bullshit!

Hyorin had to grab his cloak again.

"But, why?!" she asked in a panic. "I thought the marriage is between my brother and one of your sisters!"

"He clearly doesn't like idea," he replied flatly. "And, to be frank, I'd rather not have him in our family."

Hyorin watched Kouen with disbelief. Was he seriously badmouthing the Crown Prince in front of her?

"My brother will hear about this," she whispered begrudgingly. Kouen scoffed in response.

"If you're still alive by then."

"Wait!"

Hyorin raised her hands defensively. Damn, can't this man take a joke?! She cursed inwardly before clearing her throat. "Can you at least give me time to think?"

Kouen noticed the hesitation in her eyes and sighed. "You're someone to look down on, after all."

She was about to protest when Kouen's intimidating glare made her freeze on the spot.

"You can't save your family with such weak resolve," he hollered and raised the sword to her neck. "Decide now!"

"F-Fine!" she responded in a haste, her loud yell booming past the walls of the room.

It was only after Hyorin regained her breath did she realize the magnitude of what she had done. She paused at the sight of Kouen's satisfied smirk, disappointed at herself for letting the man provoke her.

She sighed in defeat and muttered, "Whatever. I did tell you I will do anything,"

Kouen lowered his sword and returned it in its scabbard. "I have not informed Koumei of this matter. This engagement is not final until he agrees to this marriage."

Hyorin's expression brightened up. She still had a chance to escape this crazy situation! However, hope left as soon as it appeared.

"You need to propose to him. If he declines, you will die."

"Wha―?" The distraught princess wanted to scream, but simply suggested, "Why don't you tell him instead?"

Kouen's smirk resurfaced. "Where's the fun in that?"

The moment Hyorin exited the room, she wanted to blow it up along with Kouen using her Extreme Magic. If she only had her Metal Vessel!

She was then escorted to a room, as ordered by the enemy prince, where she had to plan a wedding proposal.

Hyorin wanted to cry. She was only 16 and wasn't it supposed to be the other way around?!

She suddenly remembered Kouen's parting words.

"Koumei's very hurt right now, and you have yourself to thank for that. I advise you to use very convincing methods, otherwise he won't cooperate."

• • •

It was already late at night when Hyorin went to Koumei's room.

She peeked through the door and nodded. When it comes to convincing someone, it had to be that, right?

Seeing Koumei asleep, she took it as a chance to get on his bed. However, the moment she straddled his waist, Koumei woke up.

Still in a daze, all that registered Koumei's mind was the princess sneaking in his room. Before he even got to reach for his Metal Vessel, his hands had already been pinned above his head. That completely woke him up.

Why were they in this position? She just kicked his groins, and now she wanted the goods?! Koumei's thoughts were running wild!

Hyorin's face went closer to his, and he could feel her warm breath on his skin that was accompanied by something sharp on his throat.

Wait, what?

She whispered threateningly, "Marry me or I'll kill you."