What we used to be

"I found someone on the run and I think she's not a threat for the group." Glenn said after jumping out of the car he used today.

Daryl scoffed and turned around, "Great. Ya brought anotha mouth ta feed." Then he started walking away.

Everyone except Daryl piled up in front of the car when a woman came out. You timidly wipe your hands at your back pockets.

"H-hi," you said while tucking your hair in your right ear.

Daryl stopped walking. He knows that voice, it was familiar to him. Though he would never admit it, his heart skipped a beat when he remembered someone who used to sound like you.

"Well, what's your name gorgeous?" T-Dog asked. Daryl slowly turned to look back.

"Y/N," you flashed a bright smile but it soon faded away when you noticed the guy who was carrying a crossbow at his back. Glenn noticed this.

"Oh! That's Daryl, don't worry he's a good guy." Glenn said as he lean in closer to whisper something. "He acts tough all the time, but he's a great guy. He's the hunter of the group. Wait let me introduce you to him," Glenn was about to walk and go get Daryl but you stopped him.

"It's okay, we know each other." You said to Glenn before turning to face Daryl and giving him that gorgeous smile of yours that made him go secretly crazy back when you two were young. "Hi Daryl,"

And just like that, Daryl felt like he travelled back through time. Memories came flashing back to him, like the day you first introduce yourself to him. You were both very young and immature back then.

"Hi Daryl!" You said happily, Daryl jumped back. He always notice how you stare at him in the hallways but he never expected you to actually have the guts to say hi to him.

"What the hell?" Daryl said while furrowing his eyebrows. "Who tha hell are ya? Why do ya keep on followin' me?"

You bit your bottom lip and you were blushing, "I'm Y/N, I like you."

Daryl was taken a back, he never thought that you would be this bold. You handed a small box to him. He accepted it and saw that it was a box of band aid. "What the hell?" He muttered, completely confused why you gave him those.

"Saw you had a fight earlier and I thought you'll need this." You wiped your hands in your back pockets. "You look really cool earlier today but I wish you'd never get into fights again."

Daryl scoffed and rolled his eyes at you, "Whatever,"  then he walked past you.

He smiled a little, remembering how immature you two were when you first met. You kept on following him for almost a year.

"Get the hell outta 'ere!" Daryl screamed as he pushed you. You've been following him in his secret hide out in the middle of the forest. He caught you watching him when he took his shirt off to take a bath in the lake, you didn't mean to stare long but his scars shocked you.

"I-I'm sorry,"

"I said go away!"

"I-I can help you Daryl, we can tell my parents about it—"

"Go away! I don't need yer help! I don't need ya! I want ya ta get lost, okay? Yer so annoyin'!" He wore his shirt again and he ran away from you.

His words hurt, but seeing his scars was more painful for you. You spent an hour of wandering around the forest, you're lost. You heard someone scoff and you were sure it was Daryl. "You came back for me," you said with a smile.