9

Mark's Pov

I just left to go to work, Amy looks so sad when I leave her. After a few moments driving I got a call from Dr. Larkin.

"Hello?"

"Mark, hello. I just wanted to touch base with you and see how you are?"

"I am okay, just heading to work."

"I spoke to Amy yesterday. I can't say anything that she said but I do want to let you know that she is sounding better than the other day."

"Yeah, even with the tracker issue she has seemed to be in better spirits."

"I can't go into much detail but I do want to talk about some of the things her body is going through. Her body is used to being abused and now that her body is being respected, well she will be going through some mood changes. This is all new and scary for her."

"I understand, there is a lot going on that she has no idea about. She has a bounty on her head. I need to get her someplace safe where no one knows where she is. This Bounty's is never expiring."

"So what is your game plan?"

"Cole is looking for a new place for us, my job knows what is going on and they are willing to help but I don't know how much they can help."

"Is she stressing a lot more than normal?"

"Not that I can see, when I am with her she is happy. Like her past never happened."

"While you are gone she needs to distract her mind, see if she can pick up a hobby and have Cole find a room big enough for it."

"Okay."

Two weeks later

Amy's Pov

"Chica, we need to wait for Mark," I said as Mark opened the car door for me. He helped me out then opened the door for Chica, she jumped out and sat next to me waiting for me to walk.

Mark locked the car, he handed me Chica's leash then took my other hand as we walked over to Cole.

"Hey, guys! So I know we have seen a lot of places but I think you will love this one. It has 4 bedrooms and 3 baths. There is a pool outside with a yard and two porches. One on the side and one right here that we are standing on."

"We don't need 4-bedrooms," Mark said.

"One can be a game room and the other an office. Maybe a workshop of some type?" Cole said as we entered the house.

We walked around the house, it was a nice size. The kitchen was just re-done and so were the bathrooms. There was a large family room but the dining room was small. The yard was big enough for Chica to play in.

"I will be working from home some days so the office space is nice," Mark said as we walked out onto the side porch.

"The other room we can use as a storage room!" I said.

"Or, Dr. Larkin said you need a hobby room."

"I don't know what hobby I can take up."

"Well, you will have a whole room to find one."

We stayed on the porch just laughing and talking, Chica found a stick and wanted to play fetch so I threw the stick a few times. After a while, Chica started to growl and bark at one of the brushes that line the fence.

"What's wrong Chica?" I asked petting her, she moved in front of me.

Mark walked over to the brush that she was barking at and found someone hiding behind it.