Chapter 6| What are you? A ninja or something?

I walk in to the my house. Cleo, our house keeper, is cleaning the kitchen. I walk in the room and say hello to her. Cleo stays quiet as she scubs the stove clean.

"Cleo what's wrong?" I ask.

"Your family that whats wrong." she says looking at me. I could see in her eyes that she was mad. Cleo always took my side in things. When my mom would blame me for somthing I didn't do.

"What did they do now." I ask. Now I'm going to be mad.

"You know how your mom said how they were leaving for another business trip?" she ask. I could tell I was not going to like what she about to say.

"Ya"

"Well they are not on business trip. They took all your brother and are going to travel the world." Cleo says.

"WHAT! They can't do that! What am I talk about, they do it all the time. I hate them all. But wait Caleb is alredy traveling the world." I say with my rant.

"They decide to join him in france." She says carefully and slowly trying to make sure I don't go off.

"All my brothers?" I say with shock and sadness.

"Yes, they will be joining them tomorrow night."

And that's when I got furious. My whole family left again, for another family vacation again without me. I remember last time they went to Hawaii for 4 weeks. I was 12, I cried for couple of days. Then I told myself it wasn't worth the tears. I hate my family, I wish I had a different one.

"I'm going out." I announced. Cleo nodded,

"I'll be here when you get back. But if you get drunk call me, I'll come and get you." Cleo states with soft face.

"Okay I don't know when I'll be home so." I say as I walk out the door.

I started to walk to the shop. I unlock the door and walk in. I shut the door and I grab my key off the rack. It was the keys to my 79' bronco/ truck shortbed. I hop in and started it up I open the shop door. Then close it and got on the main road. I just drove. That's all I did, I let the road take me somewhere. Dust was on the radio, I turned up.

"There got to be more in the same old story, so she going to turn the page tonight.

and turn the radio up

Roll the window down

she got a full tank on gas.

Ain' no stoping her now"

that when I turn on a dirt road, guess who I saw?

Hunter was there. On the side of the road. Working on his bike. I tried to drive past him. But he walked out of the middle of the road. I stopped. Why can't I just hit him! Why is it against the law!

I turned off my truck and jump out.

"Do want to be killed? Because I wouldn't want to mess with me right now!" I yelled. He look at me wide eye. I just want to be alone.

"What's wrong?" He said calmly.

"Everything!" I yelled.

"What do mean?" He ask stepping closer still in a calm voice.

"My life is nothing but a mess all around. My family left me and decide to travel the world. When my grandpa died everything just fell apart. My boyfriend that help me through every thing cheated on me. My family leaves me. Brothers want me to cover for them all the time. Me being..." I trailed off. Not wanting to say about me being Pistol Annie. I was furious. So to calm myself down I laid on the ground. That's right I just laid on the ground.

"What are you doing?" Hunter ask looking down at me.

"Calming myself down."

"So you just laid down."

"Yep" I said popping the 'p'.

"In the middle of the road?"

"Yep"

"Do you do this often?"

"Yep."

He started laughing.

"You are something else." Hunter said smiling. With a real smile. I like when he smiles for real. Instead of a smirk.

"By the way where'd you get the truck? And I thought you got your keys took in a way?"

"Well..... Um. The person you are trying to reach is not available. At the tone please record your message. If you finish please press 1 for more options. Too leave call call back number press 5.  BEEP.

"Hello this Hunter, please talk to me when you are done being a blonde."

"Hey that offensive to my people." I say crossing my arms.

"What people?" He asks leaning over me.

I press my feet up to his muscular stomach. And grabbed his leather jacket collar. I kick him over me Or more like flipping over me. He was now on the ground with wind knock out of him.

"What are you? A ninja or something?" He asks getting some air back in him.

"No, just brothers." I say with a eye roll

"Good lord, your mean." He states

"It took you that long to figure it out?" I ask.

"No comment." He says. I got up and dusted myself off. Then Hunter got up.

"Well goodbye." I say. Opening my door.

"Wait." Hunter says. I turned around.

"Yeah."

"If you need to talk to someone, I'll be here." He says shyly.

A over whelming feeling course through me.

I walk up to him and gave him a hug, he hug me back instantly.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"Anytime." He says. We hug for a minute or two then pulled away.

"Bye." I say smiling. Turning back to my short bed.

"One more thing ." Hunter says. I got in and look at him while shutting the door. (My window was rolled down)

"Ya?"

"You should smile more often." He says smiling. I smiled back.

"You should too." I said. Then I turned on the short bed. Drove down the road. I put on my black ray bans. My hair flying every where. I turned on the radio to I hold on by Dierks Bentley.

For once in my life I wasn't mad or sad. I was happy for once. The crazy part was it was all because of Hunter.

<<<<<••>>>>>
A/N: shoutout to @WhatThePoptart for making this awesome banner!! Thank you so much!