Chapter 6

Over the next few months, (Y/n) grew a strong bond with each person at the base. Tony was her father and she loved him dearly. She had never felt such love and appreciation for anyone before. They spent a lot of time together whether it was working on a new gadget or playing pranks on Steve.

Tony loved to surprise (Y/n) with gifts all the time. Her favorite gift was a gorgeous necklace that he got for her. It was a little silver heart shaped charm, lined with golden designs. It sat on a delicate silver chain around her neck. He insisted on putting a tracker in it since she wore it constantly. He was a little overprotective and worried about her, but she let him do it because it made him feel better.

Wanda, Nat and (Y/n) valued their girl talk. They would take (Y/n) shopping, to the nail salon, or have movie nights and chat until the sun came up. Wanda taught her how to use her telekinetic powers properly and Natasha trained her in combat. She was still a beginner, but she was getting better gradually.

(Y/n) had learned how to use her new smartphone, teaching Steve as well. She was a quick learner and had caught on quickly with how to use technology. Steve was slower than her, but he was making progress. Steve and (Y/n) would spend hours in the theater room catching up on the movies they had missed during their time away from the world.

Steve was like a best friend and a big brother to her. She could come to him for anything. She also liked to chat with Sam. He was hilarious. He loved to teach her about music and give her playlists to listen to while he was gone. She would share her thoughts of the music when he got back.

She didn't see Clint or Scott that much because of their families, but she loved them as much as everyone else.

Vision was great to talk with. She trusted him with any information she might want to tell him. He would listen to her rants for hours, intrigued by everything she said. She loved to answer his strange questions about humans and to ask him random facts and statistics.

Thor wasn't around much, he had to go back to Asgard a lot. When he did see her, he would bring her gifts and tell her exciting stories that would make her eyes light up. They would spend hours together before he has to leave on his next adventure.

Bruce was always kind to (Y/n). She felt comfortable talking to him about sensitive subjects. He was an intelligent man and she felt she could always learn from him whenever they chatted.

Bucky was interesting. She felt like he secluded himself from everyone a lot. She wanted to reach out to him and try to connect with him. They were both connected to Hydra, after all. She was determined to create a bond with him and make him her best friend. She didn't like seeing him so sad and distant all the time. Even Steve had a hard time connecting with him.

Rhodey was like an Uncle to her. He treated her like family and they loved to play video games together. (Y/n) always beat him to a pulp when it came to video games. Sometimes she would let him win if she was feeling extra nice that day.

She had never felt so happy in her life. (Y/n) finally felt loved. She had a huge family filled with so many wonderful people who she loved as well. She was happy to put all of that Hydra stuff behind her and live a (somewhat) normal teenage life.

——————————————————

(Y/n) sat on her bed, snacking on her favorite potato chips, binge watching her favorite show on Netflix. She felt a little thirsty, so she decided to get a drink from the kitchen, maybe make conversation with whoever she came across on the way. As she put her show on pause, making her way to the door, the power cut out.

The room was pitch black. It was late at night, so there was no light besides the glow of the city in the distance.

"Hey F.R.I.D.A.Y. What's going on?" She said to the AI.

"It seems as if there had been a manually caused power outage. Would you like me to contact your father?" She responded in her Irish accent.

Manually? Someone did this on purpose? She pondered.

"No that's okay. I'll just text him." (Y/n) said, picking up her phone. She barely typed out a word before the sound of glass smashing next to her startled her, causing her to drop her phone.

She screamed and covered her head instinctively. She felt people grabbing her from all sides, pushing and pulling her back to the now broken window. She tried to fight back, but it was too dark to see them and they were much stronger than her.

Tony had been making some calls to fix the power when F.R.I.D.A.Y. spoke up. "Mr. Stark, there are unidentified men in (Y/n)'s room. They are taking her out of the building as I speak."

Tony's blood went cold. Panic set in as he told F.R.I.D.A.Y. to let the team know what happened. The AI didn't know who was taking her but Tony had a bad feeling he already knew who they were. Hydra.

When (Y/n) woke up, her heart dropped to her stomach as she looked down at the hard cot she was laying on, realizing she was back with Hydra. She was in a room similar to the one she spent so much time in back at their old base. She felt tears run down her cheeks, thinking Tony might never find her again. She was ripped from her new family just as she began to feel like she belonged there.

The team had hung out all day together. Since her first Christmas at the base was coming up, they decorated everything. Their rooms, the kitchen, the living room, even the gym. She had been looking forward to her first Christmas. But she might not get to go back.

She sighed at the thought of never going back to see Tony. It made her heart physically hurt.

She subconsciously touched the necklace Tony had given her during her first week living on the base. She played with it, thinking of him. All of a sudden, she remembered an important detail about the necklace. It had a tracker in it.

She thought it was a ridiculous idea at the time, but she was glad he had installed the tracking device. Tony had the same thought, easily getting access to her location through the necklace. He rounded up the team and prepared everyone to rescue (Y/n).

——————————————————