Chapter 7

(Y/n) knew she was back with Hydra, but something felt different. They never tested on her at nighttime and it was after dinnertime, but they were coming into her room to take her for some reason. She didn't know why they would be taking her, but as two large men grabbed her by her arms, dragging her out of her room, her stomach dropped.

She kicked and screamed and tried planting her feet, but they kept dragging her effortlessly. It wasn't until they came upon the room they were headed to that (Y/n) knew her fate. In the middle of the room sat a chair with a device that went over the seated person's head. There were screens next to the chair and there were Hydra agents all around the room.

Steve had told her about this before. Bucky had his memories wiped by a machine like this. It was supposed to be extremely painful and physically traumatic. They lifted (Y/n) into the chair and forced her down as she screamed and cried. Metal cuffs came and held her limbs down as they shoved a rubber bite guard into her mouth.

She closed her eyes as she prepared for the pain she was about to endure. Pain rippled through her body like lightning in a thunderstorm. She couldn't hear anything but her own screams as she thrashed against the restraints holding her back. It was the most pain she had ever felt in her entire life. It was worse than the testing or when they would slap her or punch her when she was non compliant.

She couldn't even hear when Tony and Steve ran into the room, taking down everyone who got in their way. As Steve fought off two guys at once, Tony shut off the machine. He ran over to (Y/n) and pulled the bite guard out of her mouth. She weakly opened her eyes as he wrapped his arms around her. As she realized who was hugging her, she formed relieved smile as she said "Dad."

The word that she uttered out made Tony ecstatic. That was the first time she had ever called him Dad. She had always called him Tony ever since he met her. Tony picked her up to leave after Steve said to him "We gotta go Tony."

Thankfully, she hadn't lost any of her memories because the machine wan't on for long enough. But, that was the worst thing she had ever experienced in her life and it took a huge toll on her physically and mentally.

--------------------------------------------------------

As they loaded the team onto the quinjet, Tony couldn't get the sound of (Y/n) screaming and the image of her being tortured out of his head as he looked at her sleeping face. He could see the bruises that the machine had left on the skin of her face.

She sat, sleeping with a blanket draped across her body, on one of the chairs in the jet. Tony overheard Steve talking to Nat quietly on the left of him as he sat next to (Y/n), gently stroking her hair as she slept.

"What happened in there?" Natasha asked Steve, concern written on her face.

"They tried to wipe her memory. Tony is pretty shaken up about it. I can't imagine how (Y/n) is doing."

"How could they do that? She's just a kid." Natasha said, looking over at (Y/n)'s sleeping figure.

Tony tuned them out after what he heard, focusing on (Y/n)'s breathing. He knew she would begin to have nightmares again. They had just recently stopped. She would be coming in his room late at night because she couldn't sleep. They would most definitely start back up again after what she's been through.

Christmas was coming up though, she had something to look forward to. He had already gotten her all of her Christmas presents and she had gotten Christmas presents for everyone else. Most kids wouldn't go through the trouble of getting adults presents, but that's just the type of person (Y/n) is.

After all she's been through, she's kind to everyone. She is selfless and strong. He knows she will get past what happened to her that night. It's just her.