Chapter One: The B.U.C.K.E.T

Author note:
Hey peoples, sorry this took ages, major writers block, but I am back. Hope you like this chapter, as always I love some criticism if there is anything wrong.
Hope you enjoy
- TiesAndBones ❤️

_____________________________

I stood by my kitchen counter as I started out the window at my beaten up bicycle. It was quite something, and had been through some of the most embarrassing and painful moments of its life with me. There was the time I collided into a bush on my first day of high school right in front of David Joshson, who was, at the time my crush. Then two years ago when I fell off the bicycle as I was heading home, and then recently when the brakes failed, this resulting in me crashing into Mrs Sanderson rose bushes. Never again will I ever wear shorts and a singlet whilst riding that bike, ever.

Now I am seriously thinking of retiring that poor old thing, or maybe refurbishing it. God knows it needs a break from my multiple abuses and rage filled walks home.
That bike has endured the best and the worst life has to offer. Many joy rides at all hours of the night, taken me to and from home, but also many harsh things have befallen that bike. Harsh words and multiple abuses as I had thrown that bike down on the lawn of our house, due to the wheel decided to fall of just before I even got on the bike. I had to walk an hour up the streets on the hottest day in summer.
I shouldn't be talking about a bike like it's got feels, but I am sure it has a karma affect on me, because every time I do something to it I always end up in a shrub or bush. It's honestly embarrassing. Sometimes I just wished I hadn't have been so lazy and got my permit to drive. But nonetheless, I will eventually deal with the problem soon enough. Although I have other things to attend to and my drivers permit wasn't one of them at the moment. I had to attend to some rather agonising abrasions I had recently obtained.

I let out a sigh as I turned to the pantry cabinet and pulled out a first aid kit and grabbed the arnica cream from the box. This stuff worked wonders on bruises, and seeming I had crashed into a bushel of beautiful spikes roses only two days ago, this was the quickest option to help with my bruises and scratches all at once.
I shut the box and placed it back in the cabinet, before I turned and made my way into the living room.
I plunked onto the couch and lifted my bruised knee up. I opened the small container and took the creamy contents of it and began to rub it on my bruises and scratches. I sighed lightly as the cold of the cream calmed me.

I heard the door open, I turned back to see my mother. Her red coat giving her away before I even saw her face. I peeped over my shoulder as I watched her put all her stuff on the counter in the kitchen.
"Hi!!!" I shouted making her jump then look over in my direction, 'seriously' plastered over her face as she blankly starred at me, "what?" I half laughed.
"Nothing" My mother laughed as she came over and kissed me on my forehead, "how's your bruises?" She asked. I gave a small shrug as I looked back at the tv.
"Good I guess. Although I will have to wear a long sleeved shirt for a week" I uttered in defeat.
"Why?" My mother asked, I half chuckled as I tilted my head back so I was staring at an upside down image of my mother.
"Because I look I've been bashed by gang members" she laughed at this, my humour was always a good thing, especially in this kind of situation.
"Okay" she shook her head and walked back into the kitchen, while I returned my gaze to the television program, "should we cook or order in?" My mother questioned from the kitchen.
"Order in!" I imitated a manly voice and stuck my hand up in a balled fist.
I heard a small laugh from my mother before I lowered my hand.

***

I heard the echoes sounds of my mother and felt the slight nudge of her hand.
"Riley, wake up" she says. My eyes flutter open and I let out a groan.
"Five more minutes" I mumble as I roll my head black onto the couch pillow.
"Honey it's still night" she uttered as I look up from the pillow.
"Oh" I mumbled and then sat up, "What's wrong?" I ask. My mother points to the door.
"You've got a visitor outside. Seemed pretty urgent" then she walked back into the kitchen with the dishes and the empty box of pizza. I rubbed my eyes and let out a loud sigh.
"I'm going to sleep. Don't be too long outside. Love you" she walked up and kissed my forehead before leaving up stairs. I groaned and got off the couch.