Chapter Two: Year 11

The loud beep of my alarm clock was what I heard first, then my door opening. My eyes fluttered open then I lifted my head off the pillow, I saw my mother at the door. In her hand was a cup and from what I could smell, it was hazelnut coffee. A smile formed on my tired face as I pulled myself up, the covers of my bed falling to my waist as I stretched out my arms; making the loudest possible screeching noise I could as I curled my toes and fingers once I finished stretching.

My mom sat on the side of my bed and handed me the hot beverage, the pleasing smell seeping into my nostrils making me let out a sigh. I grasped the cup with both hands and held the cup up to my nose, taking another deep breath and smiled to myself.

"I swear you enjoy smelling that coffee more than drinking it" My mother uttered snapping me out of my hazelnut espresso trance.
"Ah, no" I lifted my right index finger up at her, "not drinking this would be a terrible sin indeed" I half drowsily said before I returned back to my beverage. All my mom did was laugh to herself and continue drinking her own coffee, it was silent for a moment or two before she broke the silence.
"I want to get a photo of you before you leave for school, okay" she sounded like she was asking, but all I did was nod and hum to myself as I sipped another bit of my coffee. Then my mom stood and left the room, leaving a very happy person to herself and her coffee.

I thought about the holidays and all I had done, nothing really came to mind, except for tending to my bike and aiding in Joshs recovery from Margot breaking up with him. Besides that all I did was work and laze around; that was my life. That seemed pretty boring now that I thought about it, and the sudden realisation hit me, that I had barely any life.

I let out a sigh as I stared blankly at the wall ahead of me, thinking of all the ways I could do something more exciting. Then the idea hit me, that I will ensure that I would have the best year ever. Year eleven was meant to be the best year of a teenagers life, well apart from senior year.
I looked down at my almost empty cup and smiled at the thought of the unknown. Even though it scared some people, it intrigued me.

"Riley, time to get ready!" My mom bellowed from down stairs, I skulled the last of the coffee and placed the cup on my bedside table; I pulled off my covers and made my way to the closet.
I began rummaging through my clothes trying to find something suitable for the first day. I normally wore jeans, a shirt, a jacket, and a pair of docs. My style was my own, very tomboyish and not at all girly. It was hard shopping with my mom because she was so girly, and well I, I wasn't. Eventually I found an outfit(image below); a stripped long sleeved jumper below an astronaut shirt, a pair of high wasted jeans rolled up at the bottom, and a pair of high converse sneakers, as well as my iconic jacket (second image).

 Eventually I found an outfit(image below); a stripped long sleeved jumper below an astronaut shirt, a pair of high wasted jeans rolled up at the bottom, and a pair of high converse sneakers, as well as my iconic jacket (second image)