Chapter 1

Alexandria's POV

I woke up with the loud banging noise of my brothers 'band' from downstairs. I checked my clock and it was 9:00 in the morning! How can they even have practice now, I can barely get my brother, Ashton out the bed at noon. I guess they are kind of a serious band now since they practice almost everyday at our house. Why can't they go to someone else's house insead?

I took a shower and put on some jeans shorts with and forever 21 tank top, with my long wet brown hair down and put on my contacts, I hate my glasses, I look like a nerd. As I walked down stairs, I suddenly tripped over a clear wire which led a bucket full of green paint on to my hair and my new clothing.

"WHAT THE FUCK ASTHON!" I screamed on the top of my lungs running into the basement.

" Look who finally decided to wake up" my brother whispered to a guy with blue hair.

"What is wrong with you guys! I just wanted to get something to eat and now I'm full of green paint! what did I ever do you you?" I questioned them.

They stood there in silence until my brother stepped up and said "it's just funny to see your reaction, plus it does you no harm. just wash it out." He simply said.

"You should be happy that we weren't gonna put glue on your pillow because Luke already thought it was 'over the top' " Ashton continued while putting air quotes at the end.

I had never thought about this but Luke has always been in the background, he's so quiet and mysterious. Ashton talked about him occasionally but I've never took thought into it.

"Alex!" Ashton yelled waving his hand in my face. Oops I zoned out once again.

"I'm sorry, what did you say? I asked.

" I said, do you want to watch the amazing 5 Seconds of Summer perform so you can know what real music sounds like." he said bragging. I've never heard them play, well like only the banging of instruments though my room.

"Fine. if only you buy me new clothing since you ruined this one" I said pointing to my green outfit.

"Whatever. just sit right there so you can get a clear view of us." He said pointing to a wooden box in front of the instruments.

"Okay. so this one is called 'Gotta Get Out' " a guy with a black hair with a quiff said.

Even when the sky is falling down

Even when the earth is crumbling 'round my feet

Even when we try to say gdbye

And you can cut the tension with a knife in here

'Cause I know what'll happen

If we get through this

And if the earth ends up crumbling down to it's knees, baby

We just gotta get out

And if these skyscrapers, tumble down and crash around baby

We just gotta get out

'Cause I feel so damn lost

And it comes with the cost of being alone

Everything is falling down

We're suffering, helpless thoughts and

Out we sing, prayers go to the sky

And if the earth ends up crumbling down to it's knees baby

We just gotta get out