The call

A/N- I know this chapter isn't very long, but the next will be longer I promise! I needed kind of a set up chapter for the next! :)

Weeks had passed since that day at the bar and Emma was still in a god damn panic. She was paranoid that her captain would find out that Emma had fucked up her job and she was even more terrified of going to prison, orange definitely wasn't her color and she knew she wouldn't last long in there. She was a cop, she'd locked some of them away, they'd make her death slow and painful she was sure of it.

Since that night with Regina, Emma came into work less and less, she kept in contact through email with Katherine letting her know it was 'too dangerous' to keep having their usual meetings. Regina didn't know she was cop, Katherine didn't know how deep Emma had gotten herself already and she was officially fucked any way you look at it.

It has been quiet since Emma and Regina had had their little talk, with less bodies showing up, Katherine has less and less to pin on the woman and she was thankful for it. She had to be honest, she never thought Regina would be able to keep up her end of the bargain but so far, not one body had shown up anywhere with any lipstick marks or any of Regina's signature style.

The only bodies that were showing up now lead them back to Regina's rival gang, run by Gold, and that she didn't care about, as long as it didn't involve Regina then so be it.

Feeling her work phone vibrate in her pocket Emma pulled it out seeing that Katherine was calling her and she frowned. It was hard being able to take these calls, at home especially. She didn't know if Regina had bugged the place or not and she didn't want to take any chances. Her girlfriend was definitely paranoid which in this case she had a right to be but still...

Grabbing her leather jacket Emma slipped it on and grabbed her keys before leaving her small apartment and venturing out into the city. She slid her phone into her pocket and plugged her headphone into it so it didn't appear she was talking to anyone. Regina had eyes and ears everywhere.

Pressing the answer button once her headphone were in she cleared her throat. "Hello?" She said quietly into the phone as she walked down the street toward a busier part of town.  "So you're alive, that's good." Kat joked and Emma rolled her eyes. "Yes I'm alive Kat... Regina's not going to kill me." She said and Katherine narrowed her eyes leaning back in her seat in her office. "So you say now... but that's actually why I'm calling. Emma... she's been quiet, too quiet lately and I'm afraid something bigger is about to come and I need to know what it is." She states and Emma's already frowning face deepens

"What is it you'd like me to do?" She asked and Katherine sighed. "You're already in em... she cares about you, she trusts you... I want you to go further undercover for us. I mean much further... I want you with her as much as possible! It's been months since you started this operation and she seems infatuated enough that this might work... I want you to work on moving into her house with her." She said bluntly and Emma's jaw dropped open in utter shock.

"Katherine! Are you trying to get me killed?!" She whisper shouted at her. "If I live with her not only do I have access to her, but she will have 100% access to everything I have. Which means I can't have anything with me essentially. I can't have my gun, this phone, anything. You won't be able to contact me unless I can get away from her long enough to do so." She said trying to reason with her.

It wasn't that she didn't want to live with Regina, because honestly... Emma was in love, she'd love to be able to go to bed with her and wake up with her every day but... this fucking situation was getting worse by the day! "I know." Kats voice came through the line and she sighed. "But the end goal is what is important Emma. She needs to be taken down so...  you'll report to me when you can, and in the  meantime you will do everything you can to find out what she's up to." She said firmly with no room for argument and Emma felt like she wanted to scream.

How could Katherine do this?! How could she force Emma to do all this?! In reality this was something that often happened when one was undercover, they had to go so deep everyone believed they'd turned sides but Emma... Emma wasn't a damn undercover cop! She was just a rookie looking to make a name for herself also she'd gone and fucked it all up.

She was a cop in love with one of the most wanted criminals in the United States, probably the world. With a frustrated sigh Emma hung up the phone and she made her way back to her apartment to get ready for a night out. She was suppose to meet Regina at 8 for dinner and she sighed as she aggressively yanked her dress from the closet, then her heels and she threw her clothes off, the entire time glaring and stomping around the apartment grumbling to herself about her boss as she got ready.

When she was finished Emma stood in a sexy black dress with heels, curled hair and perfect makeup. She looked good, smelled good, and felt like shit. Throwing a glare at herself in the mirror she left and made her way to the bar to meet Regina, the entire conversation with Katherine was going over and over in her mind. The entire drive to the bar Emma only had one thought going through her head.

God. Damn. It.