Chapter 1

Sorry to everyone that has read my first chapter, I'm rewriting it. That's all the news. Enjoy

Charles' POV

It's been two weeks since Erik left and I've had to be in a wheelchair. It's been quiet around the mansion and I wasn't very happy about it. So I decided to call everyone downstairs to assure them I was okay. I would have to lie of course, which I didn't like, but I don't want them to worry.

Soon, Hank, Alex, and Sean showed up downstairs.

"I called you guys down here to tell you that I'm okay," I lied with a smile.

"You sure are taking this well for someone that was close to Erik." Hank said trying not to make eye contact. My smile faded. Erik's name made my skin crawl. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Alex smirk.

"I knew you weren't okay," he said.

"After all he did push me off-" I cut Sean off.

"Let's get off this subject," I sighed. "I'm going to get some sleep." And with that I went upstairs and to my room. I went in and closed the door. I rubbed my face with my hands a couple of times then picked up a glass cup and threw it at the wall. I can't believe Erik left me. I thought we were friends...family even. One of the first people I truely put my trust in and felt their pain, left me.

I sighed and carefully climbed into bed. I should try to get some sleep while I'm still sane. I closed my eyes and slowly drifted into sleep.

I woke up seeing the light from the window fill the room. But I saw something that didn't belong. A shadow that wasn't mine.

"It's about time you woke up," I heard an all too familiar voice.  I turned around to see who it was.

Erik.