chapter 4

Charles' POV

I sat in my study reading silently. I then felt a rush of wind brush past me. My head shot up and I looked around to find Pietro on the couch with his feet propped up on the table. I sighed.

"Hi Pietro," I said in a bored tone. He was very good at bugging me all day. He seemed to heal unhumanly fast. I shrugged that off because sometimes mutants can have more than one gift.

"Hey Charlie how's it goin'?" He asked. I sighed again.

"Don't call me that," I said. He rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, hey do you have any friends?" I searched my mind but only found Sean, Alex, and Hank. Erik crossed my mind but I pushed that away. He probably hates me anyways.

"Just the people that live here," I said.

"Seriously? No more?" He said looking surprised. I nodded and his jaw dropped. I could tell that he was faking being suprised. I rolled my eyes.

"Seriously," I said turning back around. I heard him sigh and felt him run back to where ever he was.

A while later, there was a knock on the door of the study.

"Come in," I said as Hank walked in.

"Umm...was that speed demon our visitor?" He asked. I sighed and nodded.

"He was hurt so I let him stay here for a while," I said. He gave me a weird look.

"He doesn't look hurt," Hank said. That made me think. I have never seen anybody with healing abilities and another ability. And plus why would he come here if he had healing abilities.

"Hank I want you to keep an eye on him, I don't think he's here because he's hurt," I said.

"Yes sir," Hank said as he left closing the door behind him. I hope I don't get inturupted this time. Not that I don't like talking to Hank and the others.

After a while I closed my book and headed outside to get some fresh air. When I got outside, I made the mistake of sitting in the spot where you could see the giant dish facing the mansion. I couldn't stare at it for long before my eyes started tearing up. I looked down and let a tear roll down my cheek.

I knew the others were watching but I didn't care. They knew why I was crying and I did too. Erik. One of the best people I had the advantage to know. He helped me and I helped him and one day he just left, like he didn't care. I decided to search Hank's mind. He was surprised and...scared. I searched deeper and he saw someone that was off in the distance. It was...Erik. I instantly pulled out of his mind and looked up. I quickly looked around but didn't see him. I used my telepathy but he must of been wearing his helmet. I sighed. What's the point? He hates me anyways. I would give anything to see him again.

I took a deep breath and turned around and went back in. Hank greeted me at the door.

"I'm sorry professor," Hank said looking sorry.

"It's okay Hank," I said rolling past him. I felt him look at me as I went upstairs.

I'm probably going to have to put some fences up.