Truth Revealed

And this was how our love story began. It was fast and unexpected and the most powerful thing I had ever felt before. I started spending  every day with him. He would take me dancing and sightseeing, sometimes we would just stargaze. It was amazing how many stars could be seen at night, back at home it was never possible to see so many.

And did I mention the kisses? I think the that must be my favorite way to spend time with him. Every time we kissed I felt so connected to him, the way he holds my waist, so carefully but so possessive at the same time, how his fingers interlock in my hair keeping me close. There was no other feeling quite like it.

Amber worn me not to get too involved. We were from two different worlds, she said, but I didn't listen to her. She doesn't know what it's like, this strong connection that I had found with him, I would never find it with anybody else, of that I am certain.

But as our feelings grow stronger, the country found himself in conflict with Guatemala. I could tell Fernando tried to shield me from it, but there was only so much he could keep from me. Tension was rising in Mexico, young men had already began enlisting in the army to fight and protect their country. Fernando didn't speak much of it, but I know he was worried.

He seemed a little bit distracted lately, like he had something on his mind but he always shrug it off when I mention it. So I had to take other measures to find out what it was he was hiding from me.

"Mi amor" I hear Fernando call. I was currently in the market with Amber, we had not make any arrangements to meet today so I was surprised to see him there.

"Fernando?¿Qué estás haciendo aquí? " I ask, kissing him in welcome.

"I was running some errands for mamá" he explained holding me close "And I missed you too much"

"I missed you too" I tell him sweetly giving him a quick kiss

"Do you have time to come to a place with me?" he asks hopeful

I look at Amber to get confirmation, I had been neglecting her a lot lately, but she just rolled her eyes and told me to go. She was tired so she was just going to rest at the hotel.

"I'm all yours" I tell Fernando making him flash a bright smile, the one I love seeing so much on his lips.

He took me to the woods, surprisingly.

"If I didn't know better I would say you are taking me somewhere remote where no one can hear my screams as you kill me." I tease him as he takes me further into the woods

"I am taking you somewhere remote but I am not planning to kill you" he reassures me "At least not yet" he adds this time teasing me.

The sun was coming down, and the light it poured trough the tick vegetation was beautiful, it almost felt as if we were somewhere far away. I was so memorized by the landscape that I didn't notice where Fernando had taken me.

"Oh wow" I say, in fact those where the only words I could mutter as I contemplate the sight in front of me. Fernando had taken me to a little beach, isolated by the woods. It was very hidden, so it didn't surprised me that it was desert. "How did you find this place?"

"I found it when I was a teen, it was by accident really, my dog ran away and I followed him here." he explained "I've  never seen anybody else here"

"So it's your secret spot?" I ask entwining my arms around his neck

"Yes, it is. Not even my family knows it exists. This is usually where I come when I have to make a big decision, or just think." he confesses

"Oh really? And have you brought many ladies here?" I ask not wanting to seem jealous