Someday The Waves 2018

To all of those still reading Someday The Waves - thank you! I'm still so humbled by all the comments and chapter votes that this story still receives daily and that readers are enjoying Scarlett and Noah's journey so many years later.

Someday The Waves was the first story I ever published to Wattpad and it was the first I ever truly finished, which makes it all the more special. 

I began writing because I wanted to read a story like it but almost gave up because I didn't believe it would be read by anyone or deemed worthy up against the many stories featured on Wattpad at the time. Because Noah wasn't a bad boy. Because Scarlett wasn't perfect. Because there wasn't a super dramatic plot or gasp-worthy conflict between them. That they were actually just two people who found each other at the right time and wanted to enjoy it. To quote the Pink Floyd song Wish You Were Here:

"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year."

I've always been a sucker for a summer central story. I love the idea of hazy sunshine filled days that feel infinite and endless but also numbered. I love the thought of a meet-cute that could as easily not have happened. I love being able to pair the music with chapters that have also inspired me to write and added an extra depth. 

Someday The Waves was published in 2014. I wrote during the day and late into the night. I wrote parts on my train journeys to a job I wasn't at all fond of. I wrote during that job. I wrote in secret, telling no one. I wrote when I was happy. And when I was sad. When I just needed an escape. 

Which is why I'm still so happy to know that readers are doing the same. How characters like Scarlett and Noah and even Poppy - yes her! - can help readers escape whatever is going on in their present lives for a few minutes or a chapter. I hope that it's helped anyone who has felt like there aren't the 'right' type of books on Wattpad for them or that bad boys or boys that treat girls and women like crap are the 'norm'. It's not. You deserve better. You deserve to want better and I really hope that this story can give you another reason to do that!

I also hope it gives anyone reading who wants to write themselves to go for it! Someday The Waves won a Watty award in 2015, almost a year after I'd first started writing and it was a huge deal for me and something I never ever thought possible. If I can do it so can you. 

Once again, thank you so much for reading all the way to the very end! One day I really do hope to publish a short story continuing Scarlett and Noah's journey, to catch up with them and see if time has been kind to them. When I do you'll all be the first to know!

Thank you 

(and for forgiving the various spelling errors!)

Miss Warren Writes x