Chapter 1: A letter

Hey everyone. I am here with my first real part of the story 'Dragons Academy'. This is my second story, and I hope you enjoy it. Ps: the picture up top of Willow, but Willow is skinnier and has more muscle. Please tell me if there are any grammatical or spelling mistakes.

I don't own the pictures, I only own the story and characters.

"Hey look, it's the freak" call somebody from the crowd. I instantly knew that common insult was being thrown my way. Everybody in this little town of Fawan knew about me, or my past more like. I am Willow Truelove. Both of my parents have died, and everyone in the miserable little town just thinks my stepmother is someone who hired me to work for her. It's also hard to hide from these insults, for I stand out in the city. Everyone has dark brown, or black hair, and blue eyes, its a culture. But I on the other hand and long purple hair that reaches the back on my knees, and purple eyes to match. To say the least, it wasn't hard to spot me. I was a very curious child, and my father's last words before he died were, 'your eyes shine like all the stars dance behind them, never forget that'. My mother died giving birth to me, so 1 year later my dad remarried to the evil witch of a stepmother, Bianca. He knew he was sick, and didn't want me to be alive me when he died. 3 years later, my dad died.  Now at 16 years old, I have been living with Bianca and my step siblings Lily and Sam for 12 years. Everyone thinks I am cursed since the death of both my parents, or even a witch myself. I Willow Truelove, stand out in the crowd. I am also short, coming in a whopping 5'2, I have to look up to talk to most people my age. So yeah, there are a fair amount of things to make fun of me for, and everyone in Fawan takes every opportunity to do so.

    I turn towards the voice, only to see Sam and his two goons, both of who have shaved their heads for some reason. They have crooked yellowish teeth that look at tho thay haven't had a proper brushing in years. Sam had dark brown hair, and of course the town signature blue eyes, just like his goons.

"Did you hear my freak, you don't belong here" he calls again. I slowly nod my head.

"She must be mute, that good. Shut her up and she can't put any curses on us" says one of his goons

"Yeah, yeah" says the other. I slowly start walking back towards are house, my basket full of supplies for our shop. We, well Bianca supervises me and talked to some of the male customers, owned and ran a bakery. It was famous, and Bianca said that Lily made all the treats, while it truth, it was me. I walk through the busy town streets back to our little 3 story cottage.

The first floor of our house was the bakery, that's where I had to spend most of my time from the other chores I had. In the back there was a staircase that lead to the second floor. That is were our kitchen, bathroom, and Lily, Sam and Bianca were. Now if you walk all the way down the hallway, you come across a small wooden staircase leading up to the third floor, my bedroom and the washroom. It sounded great, practically having an entire floor to yourself. Well you are sorely mistaken. See the floor was the attic, so there wasn't much space. I didn't even have a proper bed, and a mattress with some corn thrown into it. I did have a hairbrush, toothbrush, and all my clothes, I even had a small bathroom which consisted of a toilet, sink and bath.

I walk inside the bakery, and quickly put everything away. I then run upstairs and begin to do everyone laundry from the past two days. I take the washbucket, fill it with water and soap, and begin washing their clothes. Since I keep on top of it, washing clothes doesn't usually take long. I scrub once of Lily's many dresses against the washboard, then go out to the drying line, and let it hang. I repeat this process with say 30 articles of clothing, then dump the dirty water out. I brush my hands on my dress, a light blue short dress that is clearly very old. It isn't the prettiest, but none of my clothes are. Except my favorite green dress, but I hardly ever wear that. I stand up, and proceed to use my stairs from my room  to the back to feed our animals, which consist of goats, pigs, chickens, cows, and sheep. I have a very fit body for running all over town and carrying heavy bags of animal food, not to mention countless times up and down stairs. I run back upstairs, fix my appearance, they proceed to go to the bakery where I would get my one meal.Bianca thought I was a little round, so for 12 years I had eaten 1 meal a day, and some days I didn't even eat at all. I picked up the apple, and it was slightly bruised. I ate it quickly, along with the piece of beef jerky Bianca had decided to give me. I drank my glass of water, ran the dishes up to the sink, washed them, then proceeded to work in the bakery for the next couple of hours. I was so thin now, you could almost see my rib cage.