Chpater 5: The Hike

Hello, I know I said that I was not going to post until I got all of my summer reading done, but I can't exactly do my summer reading right now because my mom thought it would be a great idea o come up to my grandparents house. So here I am, rigging another part. I can't get to where I normally right, so I am just going with it. Anyway please tell me if there are any grammatical or spelling mistakes. I hope enjoy.

I do own the picture since I took and edited it and the story.

I call down to them. Everyone comes out of their dazes, and go single file up the mountain.

'And so our journey together begins' I think to myself
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone manages to make it up the mountain and we continue to hike. It was quite steep at some parts, and no matter how much I would have liked to, I waited for everyone. We finally reached a flat part. It was a little grove surrounded by trees. It seemed perfect, to perfect. Everyone sat down on the ground, but I continued to stand up.

"Willow aren't you tired" asks Tyler

"No" I reply

"How" asks Veronica

"I'm used to it" I say blankly

"I fee-" starts Henry

"Shh" I say. I walk towards the trees, and listen. They give me weird looks before they hear it to; the sound of bushes moving. There was no breeze either, meaning someone, or something, must be behind them. Suddenly a hairy beast jumps out from the trees, it was covered is branches and leaves, so it blended in perfectly with its surroundings.

"Everyone get back" I yell at them. I face the monster. He deadly black eyes, plus its mangled fur is covered in dirt and leaves. They all start backing up, unaware of the cliff. The monster runs at me, and I punch it in the gut. It run up to t, grabbing a stick in my way. I jump on it's huge stomach, and pierce one of its eyes. It roared out in pain, and I jumped off of it. It gets up and runs away. I turn around and they are all almost in the edge of the cliff.

"Alright shorty, when did you learn to fight like that" says Greg

"Intuition " I say shrugging my shoulders. Everyone makes their way back to me, but I see the cliff starting to fall under the weight.

"Move" I yell at them. I run behind them and push them into safe ground. I feel the cliff give out, and it starts I fall with me out it. I see the ground rushing towards me.

'I can't die, yet " I think. I reach my hand out, holding to find something, anything , to grab onto. I manage to grab onto a root sticking out of the side of the mountain. I see the part of the cliff that feel off hit the ground below me, and I give out a sigh of relief. I look up to see their worried faces looking down at me, and only now do I realize that they are screaming. I look around and see another root. I start to swing myself and manage to grab the other root. I continue up the side of the mountain like this, until I manage to get myself over the top. I feel a bunch of arms around me, my clothes getting slightly wet from their tears, but I don't care, I am alive. I sigh and flip onto my stomach. I flip over my so I'm on my back, and raise my hands into the air.

"IM ALIVE" I yell out. I start laughing and put my arms down. I sit up, and smile.

"Well now I can say I've done that" I laugh. I stand up and look at everyone.

"Well, let's go" I say to them. They smile and we continue up the mountain. We continue walking, and the path doesn't get any easier. It was annoying, the entire thing. I wasn't hard for me, only annoying. Everyone else seemed to be pushing themselves harder since the attack, for what reason I have no idea. I didn't take much time to stare at the beautiful scenery. I was too focused on getting everyone up that mountain in one piece. The sigh as I look down the mountain. It was a sheer 600 ft drop onto hard ground. Everyone seemed to be sticking to the side of the mountain without the deadly drop, which I completely understand. I reach the cloud line, and I wait for everyone. They were pretty far behind me, seeing as none of them had as much stamina as me. They catch up, completely out of breath.

"Alright, I think we should have a break, you all deserve it" I tell them. Slight relief washes over them as they all sit down. Greg seemed slightly annoyed, and I gave no idea why. We had made great progress, and if we keep up this pace should be at the school in a hour, if the school is as close as I believe it is. A few minutes pass, and people start standing up and stretching.
"Lets go, we can't let Willow show us up" says Claire smirking. I give then my signature smile, and while everyone gets up, I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I open my eyes, and go through the cloud line. The cool wetness of the cloud soon surround me as I continue to walk. It was dense, so I could hardly make out anyone behind me. It was quite cold, being in the clouds. I thought I was going to freeze, when suddenly it was gone. I look around and see we are not in the clouds anymore, but above the cloud line. I could see the school in the distance, and it was closer than I originally planned. Everyone else sees it, and starts walking with a new hope. The path continue up the side of the mountain, back and forth along the side as we begin the finally climb. Then, it happened, we made it to the school. It's pure white marble and golden pillars stood out against everything else. It was beautiful, not to mention huge. Platforms were dragons were landing and taking off, golden arches lining the walls, and circular windows. It was absolutely perfect.

"Ah, it seems some new students made it, and where are you from may I ask" asks a voice. I snap back into reality to see an older women whose grey hair was back in a tight bun. Her glass rested on the bridge of her nose, and she was wearing a long black dress.

"The village of Fawan ma'am" I say

"Alright, please follow me. The Headmaster is waiting for you" she says. She starts walking down the hallway, and we quickly follow.

"I am Professor Mardridge, the potions teacher here" she states as we walk down the hallway. "Now, only four of you will continue at this school, the rest will be sent home. No one has a set chance at getting in, and it will take bravery, courage, smarts, witts, and honesty to continue studying. The 4 non chosen will be taken home tomorrow, for now we will be assessing your trip up and who should stay because of the actions on it"  We all gasp, only four of us will be allowed to study here. I was not ready to go back, the give this life up, I was going to get into this school.

Hey everyone, I just reposted this part because the other one was too short. I practically doubled the original for our enjoyment. I sincerely hope you all did enjoy this. 

So I wrote/ am writing a ton of stories that I want to continue that I don't have posted. I wanna make a book of them and I want you to vote on which one you want me to make an actually book. This will be coming out in about a month, or whenever this story gets actually recognized. '

On a side note if you want to know anything about me (How old am I, where do I go to school, ect) please ask in the comments. As long as it's not to personal, I will gladly answer.

word Count: 1412

       -The Wizard Cactus