Chapter 2: Let the Choosing Begin

Hey everyone, I'm back with another part. I know this is really pushing the time limit, but I forgot I had a sleep-over last night, or I would have posted it then. Than, when I got home, I realized I wanted to make edits, so I did and here we are now. 11: 30 at night finally posting this part. Anyway, I really hope you enjoy. Please tell me if there are any spelling or grammatical mistakes. 

I don't own the picture, I only own the story and the plot

I change into my night clothes, blow out the oil lamp, and slip under the sheet I was given on my so called mattress, and feel into a deep slumber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My purple eyes flutter open as the first rays of the early morning sun hits my face. I always leave my single circular window open so I will wake up when the sun comes up. I sit up on my bed, and rub my tired eyes. I look around my room for a moment, and squeak when I realize what day it is. I have to get all of chores done early so I have time to prepare. I stand up in a rush, and almost hit my head on the wooden beam that comes through the middle of my room, but I manage to avoid it in time. I thrown on a pair of jeans shorts and a gray t-shirt with a black flower on it. I quickly run downstairs, my bare feet pitter patter on the wooden stairs, thrown on my light pink apron, and make a breakfast including eggs, bacon, and potato chunks. I set out three plates out out round kitchen table, and then go and grab the laundry. I bring up everyone's clothes from yesterday, wash them, then fold the stuff out on the line from yesterday while putting the newly cleaned clothes in there place. I dry my hands on my little towel, and brush off the extra soap. I run down the steps to the backyard, feed all the animals and water our little garden which consist of lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, wheat, and corn. A pull a few pesky weeds that started to grow, I find if you keep on top of it, weeding isn't as annoying as it could be. I put the bright red watering can away and, and run back up the steps. I quickly check my face in the mirror, brush off a little dirt, and run backdownstaires to see three empty plates. I wash them off, dry them, then put them back.

'Yes, I am finally done' I think to myself. I take off my apron, hang it back up in the cupboard, then hurriedly speed walk up the steps. I enter my small room, then close the door behind me. I take out my best dress. It was light green with a black belt. It was tight around my chest, then the belt on my waist came, and the skirt swished freely around the tops of my legs.(The picture above is what Willow is pretty much wearing. Slightly different color green, more minty than the picture) I brush the knots out my hair, and it look pretty decent. I decided to try something new with my light purple hair. I quickly french braided my hair into two braids. Satisfied with my work, I made my way over to my shoes. I put ony my pair of black high-tops, the best shoes I had. I walk downstairs, and out the door quickly. The bakery was closed on Saturdays either way, so I didn't have to worry about someone finding me. I liked my outfit, but something felt missing. I slowly opened the bakery door to our front lawn, and then it hit me. I ran around back, and saw a grove of roses. They were all in full bloom. I pinked some pink, white, and reds one and made them into a flower crown. After several minutes of making the crown, I finally placed my creation on top of my head. I hurried back inside, since it was almost noon, and saw Bianca giving Lily some finishing touches. Lily was wearing Bianca's old wedding dress, and it was too big for her. Lily was decked out in jewelry. Multiple bracelets jangled on her wrists when she walked. A few of her boney fingers had rings, and her neck was littered with at least three necklaces, all of which I assume she got from Charlotte. The dress kept slipping down on her body while Bianca was trying to make it tighter. My nose scrunched up at the heavy perfume she had on. It was so overwhelming, I had to step outside for fresh air or I would have fainted. Bianca seemed to be immune to the stench, but that is probably because she does herself in the same stuff every time Lord Bashmit came to the bakery.

"You look beautiful my dear, they are sure to choose you" gushed Bianca. Lily gave Bianca a big smiles, before turning to walk out the door. She seemed unsteady on her feet, as she was wearing high heels. Lily managed to make it out the door without falling over, while Sam came rushing down the steps. He had on a cripst black jacket and pants. His white shirt was partially covered up with his red tie. He had on the stereotypical fancy guy look. His messy hair was swept to the side with gel, making it look quite greasy. His new black dress shoes stomped on the ground as he grumbled his way out of the door. Sam hated getting fancy, you could go so far to say he loathed it with his very being. Bianca follows sam out of the bakery with her pink purse swinging at her side. I run after her, and braids hitting my back. The back of my dress had criss cross straps, so not all of it was covered. I kept my distance from bIanca, knowing if I got too close I would be hit by her giant purse. Seriously, how could one person need so much stuff. We follow the main road to the main fountain, were the choosing would be held. Lily and Sam ran off the find their friends, and Bianca went over to Lord Bashmit. I sighed and went over to a corner were no one would bother me. All the parents were debating whose child would be picked for the final 2 chosen ones. Guys tried to see who could woo more girls with their so called charm and the girls shooed them away to go back to talking about who had the better dress. The children chosen by the village were: Henry Bashmit Lord Bashmit's son, Tyler Spetson, David Spears, Charlotte Mcqueriel of course, and two of her friends, Veronica Toddmound, and finally Claire Pumplicks. They had boastful looks on their faces, as expected as the 6 most popular kids in the village. I decided that I would call them, The Snobs. I could see Sam giving Henry the death eye, and Henry jumped a bit. I stifled a laugh at his childish nature. They were all so immature. I continued to look around the crowd, no one catching my eye. I get lost in my thoughts of my dad, the kind man, when I hear the town bell rings signaling in was noon. Everyone excitedly starting talking as 3 red and gold messenger dragons of the kingdom, and one yellow dragon with a dark yellow lightning scar on his face. A man, about the age of 20, jumped off the yellow dragon, and everyone quieted down.

"I am Albert Hubert. I am from the royal guard at the kingdom. I am here to escort the chosen children from the village of Fawan to the Royal Dragon Academy. All children of ages 16-18 please stand in line. The 6 chosen by the village stand in front of them. The choosing will soon commence" he says. The children russel around, getting in a straight line, shoulder to shoulder. SIghing as I made this decision, I walked towards the end of the line next to Sally, Charlotte's follower. She seemed to excited to notice me. The 6 Snobs stood in front of everyone.

"Let the Choosing begin" Albert said

Hey hey hey, everyone who read that. It was a lot shorter than my previous one, but hey, this is probably going to be the shortest chapter. Just and FYI, his chapter was 1357 words. Well, I have to go get some sleep. Goodnight all my lovely readers.

           -The Wizard Cactus