Chapter 4: Let the Journey Begin

Hello guys, I am back with another part. I know I said that my shortest was going to be around 1000 words, and I am so sorry to do this, but this chapter was rush since it was my moms birthday yesterday, and it only 903 words. I feel really bad, so I will try to get another part out soon. Anyway, please tell me if there are and spelling or grammatical mistakes.

I don't own the picture, I only own the story

"Your welcome, no one deserves to be treated how you were" says Albert. He smiles at me, and actual friendly smile. It reached his eyes. I give him a small smile, and he walks over to everyone with me following behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone else grumbles under their breath as they slowly begin to walk away. I follow Albert to the other 7 kids, most having shocked expression written on their faces.

"Wait you were her daughter" asks Henry

"Step daughter, and I never considered myself that" I correct him. Charlotte seems to gain her composure.

"Then why did we never know" she asks. I simply shrug. I didn't think it was necessary to know I was legally a member of that family. I kept my father's last name, Truelove, while everyone else in my step family switched to Ganrow.

"Anyway, we need to start our journey to Dragon Academy. Girls, please get on the Dragons outstretched paw, the boys will follow suite" says Albert after clearing his throat. I see a look of horror crossover most people face, other than me of course. I nod, while everyone else was frozen from shock to move. The Dragons outstretched one of their paws, and I turn to one. I cautiously step forward towards the beautiful dragon, then sit down. The red paw had a gold palm, and it slightly warm. It felt relaxing.

"I am not letting her beat me" exclaims Claire. She simply walks over to another Dragon, and plops herself down. Slowly the girls manage to get out of their shocked states and sit down on the dragon's paw. The boys followed suite, although most still looked quite scared.

"Alright, is everyone ready to go" Albert asks us. People respond with quite yeses and Albert climbs back on the yellow dragon.

"Hey, I never did get your name, I don't really wanna call you a freak anymore, so what is yout name" I hear someone ask. I look over, and see Charlotte looking at me qith questioning eyes.

"It's Willow, Willow Truelove" I say

"Alright Willow, I hope I can get to know you better. Sorry for how I treated you before" she says. I give her a weak smile, and a small nod. The dragons them take off into the air, flapping their big wings to get the started. We get into the air, and the view is incredible. There was trees as far as the eye could see, making a beautiful forest I never thought about going in to. Honest, I never paid attention to the forest, but from up in the sky it was absolutely beautiful. I sighed at the pure beauty of the scene, and let my legs dangle off the side of the dragons paw. I leaned back, so my head my off the other side of the paw. I looked at everyone else, and they seemed terrified holding on for dear life.

"Hey Willow how are you not completely terrified" calls Tyler

"Why should I be. I don't have a reason to believe the Dragon would harm me in any way, plus the view in amazing from up here. Why waste time being scared when you can look at that" I exclaim to the others. They seem to take my words into consideration, and relax a bit as they see the forest below us.

"Wow you are right" calls Veronica. I smirk at them

"I know, sometimes I manage to same some stuff that's not complete nonsense" I call back. Everyone chuckles at my statement, and I swing my head back up so my legs were dangling no off the front of the paw, and I was on my back on the paw. I see the sun start to set, so I sit up. The view from the field was great, but in comparison to this it paled greatly.

"Wow" I sigh. We are still over to forest, but we are coming up on a mountain that reaches above the cloud line. The dragons start to fly down to an opening at the base of the mountain. I swing my legs back up, and sit criss cross applesauce as we land. We all get off the dragons paw, and some seem grateful to be on solid ground.

"Hey, where is this so called Academy. All I see is forest and a mountain" calls David

"This is your first task to getting into the school. The school is located somewhere above the cloud line on this mountain. If you follow the path it should lead right to the Academy. You have to find it yourself" says Albert. Henry gapes at him as he smirks and flies away. Albert and the other dragons go through the clouds, and never come back.

"Well, you heard the man, lets get climbing this mountain, I'll go first" I call out to everyone else. I start on the mountain, which starts with climbing a wall of jagged rock. Go thing I had shorts under my dress, or everyone would have seen my underwear. The rock wall had hand and foot holes all along the way up, which is about 25 feet. I get to the top, and I everyone still gaping at were Albert left. I sigh and peer over the edge.

"Oi, lets get going. Want to get to this school, start climbing" I call down to them. Everyone comes out of their dazes, and go single file up the mountain.

'And so our journey together begins' I think to myself

Hey guys, sorry again for the short chapter. I promise to make it up to you with a really long next one. Like I said, yesterday was my moms birthday, so I didn't get to work on my story. I wanted to get this out today, so I wrote it all today.  I hope you all enjoy this. 

            -The Wizard Cactus