Chapter 12

Peter POV

Aunt May made sure the slip was turned in to my teacher, and Flash's glares only grew more. I think the only reason he didn't bother me yesterday or today is because of Natasha. Everyone wore their best clothes, seeing that today was the day.

Everyone was loud and talking loudly, while I sat with Ned and MJ, silent and quiet. "If it helps," Ned said with a weak smile," I'll go to your funeral."

MJ, who was nose deep in a book as she flipped a page, she looked over at me with her awkward smirk. "Why so scared, loser?" MJ asked, looking back into her book, not evening waiting for an answer. Ned and I didn't reply to her, seeing that we were accustomed to her of talking to us.

"K kids! The bus is outside," Ms. Green squealed. Everyone began to exit the classroom, but MJ took an extra minute to grab her sketchbook of People in Distress before following the group. In the chaos of getting on the bus, I ended up sitting next to her instead of Ned, but I honestly don't mine. As the bus went in motion, Flash finally found the courage to bother me. Flash turned in his set (he's sitting in front of us) and looked at me.

"Ya scared, Penis? About your fake internship with Tony Stark himself," Flash sneered. And for some reason, that only made me pissed. "Fuck off, Flash," I mumbled under my breath. I could have sworn I saw a small smile on MJ's lips.

"Are you hiding behind your girlfriend, Puny Parker? Wow you suck," Flash grinned. That set MJ off. She looked up from her book, silent for only a moment, before slamming her book shut.

"Really Eugene? You swallow," MJ retorted in her calm tone. Flash stared back at her. "Oh is she finally talking now," Flash retorted.

MJ leaned forward, looking Flash deep into his eyes. "I won't hesitate to make sure you'll never have children." Flash looked back at her, fear evident in his eyes, before rolling his eyes and turning away. "You're not worth my time anyway," Flash muttered, sitting back down.

"And you're not worth shit," MJ grunted, sitting back down beside me. I stared at her in disbelief. Did she just..defend me? I opened my mouth, but MJ put her finger to my lips, not even looking at me. "Say something, loser. I dare you."

I kept my mouth closed and looked out the window, giving my prayers.

--Timeskip--

We all entered the building, the teacher talking. "The person you sat next to on the bus is your partner for the trip," The teacher informed everyone. A nice lady named Kate, somewhere in her early twenties approached us with a bunch of tags.

"Is this the class I'm touring," Kate asked sweetly. Ms. Green nodded. Kate smiled at us and made eye contact with me. 

"Here are the tags. The tell you what floors you have access to. It goes from level 1 to level 10. Tours only get access to the first three floors. Beta tags get access to floor 8 and their cards expire after six months. Alpha cards have access to all floors and expire after two years," Kate explained, letting everyone get their own tags.

The tags were a simple white color. Ned and I already had our own cards, however. Ned had a Beta card and I have an Alpha card. Flash growled when he saw my golden card.

Deadass...growled.

He snatched the card out of my hand and held it up for me to see. "Who'd you steal this from," Flash spat. MJ snatched it away from him and gave it back to me. "Your Mom," MJ glared at him. Everyone stepped through, and Friday said the same thing to everyone with a Tour Card.

"Welcome, to Stark Enterprises."
When Ned walked through the scanner, Friday clicked softly. "Welcome, Ned."

That earned Ned a few stares, but no one said anything. When I hesitantly walked through, Friday hummed sweetly. "Welcome back, Peter. Boss is in his office. Shall I alert him of your presenc--" "Friday mute!" I interrupted. Friday went silent and everyone's jaws dropped. I kept my head down as I walked through.

"Let's go on with the tour shall we," Kate said bubbly, leading everyone to the elevators.  When we made eye contact again, she made a cross across her body, praying for me. We split into three groups because the elevators couldn't support everyone's weight. 

MJ leaned on my shoulder as we went to the second floor. "We will go over the history of Stark Enterprises, and how it came to be," Kate said in a dramatic tone too. "Afterwards, we'll go to the labs, then the training grounds for the Avengers, lunch, and then a meet and greet with Tony Stark himself," Kate announced.

"Why," I whined under my breath, but no one paid any attention to me.  Kate began to go at the beginning of the Stark family and how it went from a program to a famous system. Blah, blah blah, I've heard it all before. I was so nervous I couldn't even think straight.

"Okay, now we're going to head to the labs," Kate informed us, as we all followed her. "Wait, already?" I muffled. MJ looked at me and scrunched up her face. "Already? That little history lesson took forever."

I looked away from her in fear of what was to come when we got to the lab. Kate opened the lab doors cautiously. "Stay close to me and don't touch anything. This is safe for touring, but still, don't touch anything," Kate warned, everyone nodded.

Kate ran a hand through her hazel hair as she looked over at the scientists. "Along with majoring in mechanics, there is also a lab for chemicals and such," Kate babbled. "Hm," I hummed loudly. As we made our way through the lab, Kate blurting out random facts about Tony's lab, that I didn't even notice Bruce looking at me.

"Hey Peter," Bruce called me, causing everyone to pause and look over at him. "Kate is it okay if Peter helps me with my new experiment," Bruce asked. Kate glanced at him for a moment, counting the students. "Of course Mr. Banner," Kate hummed.

I slowly made my way to Bruce, but he had his normal smile on his face. "Hey Pete, can you help with this," Bruce asked, gesturing to what appeared to be a tube full of green fluid. A thick sticky fluid. I looked over at Bruce in confusion.

"What do you want it to do," I asked. Bruce took a small sample of it and put it under the microscope. "I chemical for me. So I can willingly turn into the Hulk and turn back without Wanda's help or patiently wait for it to subside. With this, I can actually be in control," Bruce explained quietly.

I looked through the microscope and turned back to Bruce. "Whatever the second component is doesn't work. You put more of that inside instead of the M chemical. And the M chemical actually does work, more," I explained to him. Bruce thought for a moment, before smiling and giving me a pat on the back.

"That's Pete! What would I do without you," Bruce praised. I scoffed quietly. Bruce is almost always independent in the lab and if he needs help, he'll ask Tony sometimes.

Ned was trying his best not to laugh, MJ looked neutral, and Flash looked like he was ready to burst in rage. The rest of the class seemed to be in shock. I quickly skipped over to Kate and in a quiet pleading tone I asked,"Can we go to the training floor?"

"Lucky for you," Kate smiled,"we are going now."

On the training floor, Natasha and Clint were clearly fighting just for the sake of entertaining us.

Clint had his bow and arrow and had one of his electric arrows at Natasha as she readjusted, only to turn his arrow in my direction. My eyes widen but the arrow was already shot. I was wondering why my Spidey Sense didn't go off but I soon realized why.

The arrow wasn't aimed at me, it was aimed toward Flash.

Who was standing right behind me.