Chapter 2

"Hey Dae, wake up already!" a tan man yells up the stairwell of a very huge mansion with three other individuals waiting as well. "Why is he always late? Even I got up early and I'm usually asleep like, all the time," a sheepish boy says sluggishly as he begins to feel himself start going asleep again. "Lay, you just woke up from your fourth nap five minutes ago and it isn't even noon. Besides, when compared to your lazy ass, Jongdae has been working on that novel for a while now," A cold-eyed man says to the group of guys that are still waiting for their fifth companion. "Oh yeah... he even asked me to help out a bit with my creative mind," the tall Yoda-eared boy says proudly and he grins with pride. "Chanyeol, the only creative thing you can think of is what you want to do with your boyfriend bacon," the tanned boy says as Chanyeol sarcastically gasps in disbelief. "I am hurt Kim Jongin, his name is Baekhyun and at least I have a boyfriend Mr. Currently dating his right hand. Besides, at least I'm not as bad as Mr. Sleepy over there," Chanyeol says as he begins to point at the now sleeping Lay. "Oh yeah, didn't he have sex with his boyfriend at his workplace and got caught by one of his employees?" Jongin asks as he shivers at the thought of it.

"Why does that sound like a really interesting scene to add to my story?" A voice can be heard from the stairwell as everyone turns to see a tired Jongdae wearing just his pajama pants with messed up hairs and slight bags under his eyes. "Morning sleeping beauty," Sehun says sarcastically, resulting in a slipper flying towards his face. "So how's the story going for you Chen?" Jongin asks as he picks up a cup of coffee and begins to drink it. "It's going horribly, I haven't even written the rising action of the story," Jongdae groans in dissatisfaction as he then begins to fill the toaster with pop tarts and begin to cook them. "I need some new inspiration, something to really help me think outside of the box..." All boys look down at how sad Jongdae looks until Chanyeol looked up in excitement. "You should come with us to the café!"

"You mean Café Universe, why would I do that?" Chen asks as he pours himself a cup of black coffee. "Cause Chanyeol over here wants to see his precious boyfriend," Sehun teasingly says as he is soon later met with a piece of bread hitting his face. "Yeah Chen, you should come with us. You can definitely get some good inspiration from there, with how the area is very calm and relaxing, you will definably find some sort of inspiration there," Yixing suggests as he gets up from his sleeping spot and walks towards the kitchen counter and lies down once again. "It'll also get you out of the house before we have to go to that boring party in a few days," Jongin says in disgust as he goes towards the counter to grab himself a pop tart. "Ew, don't remind me of that. I hate how all those girls gather around me with that cheap perfume, trying to make me want to sleep with them," Jongdae says as he finished his coffee and puts it into the sink. "Well, what do you say Chen, ya wanna come with us?" Kai asks as he grabs a pair of keys and begins to twirl them around. Chen stands there for a moment to think before agreeing to come along with the others. "Great, now go get changed then and will leave as soon as possible," Chanyeol says as he slings Lay over his shoulder and the rest of them follow him out the door. Chen goes up and changes into his blue jeans, yellow jacket, sunglasses, journal, and custom ring before following the others.

After a short drive, the five boys reach a moderately sized two-story wood and steel building with a large neon sign of a cup of coffee on top with the words "Cafe Universe" on the steam coming off of the cup of coffee. "Well, this place looks... unique?" Chen says as he was later dragged in by the others. Upon entering the cafe, Chen was taken back by how much bigger the inside was when compared to the outside as there was a bunch of tables with different types of plants and a small fireplace on the side with a stage ready for someone to come up and sing.

"Baekie!" The tall Yoda figure yells out as he charges towards a small barista and picks him up and showers him with an abundance of kisses on his face. "Chanyeol, I'm not something you can eat here," the small man in Chanyeol's arm says as he gives Chanyeol a small peck on his forehead before getting placed down. "But I'm sure that rule would change if you were under me nake-"

"Hey, we still need to get a table," Sehun calls out towards the two love birds. "Oh, my apologies. Kyungsoo, set these guys at a table please," Baekhyun calls out, which a small owl-eyed boy appears from the kitchen and walks towards the other boys. "I'll take you to the usual spot, would I also get you guys the usuals as well?" "Well that depends, can that also include your number?" Kai says as the group is escorted to a small cushioned area where he lifts up Kyungsoo's head with one hand and places the other around his waist. "Nice try hot stuff, maybe when I'm actually interested in a relationship then I would consider your request. Your order will be brought out shortly so just wait tight," Kyungsoo says as he lightly hits Jongin's head with his notepad and goes back into the kitchen.

"Ha, looks like Mr. Hotshot over here got shot down again by the infamous wide-eyed D.O Kyungsoo," Lay says sheepishly before laying on the couch and feels himself falling asleep. "Well he does this every time you guys visit," Suho says as he places down a small plate of cookies on the table next to Yixing before giving him a small peck on the cheek and covers him with a blanket. "Wow, is the only reason why you guys come here is to date the baristas?" Chen says as he takes one of the cookies and begins to eat it.

"Not me, I only come here for the food and drinks," Sehun says as he also begins to eat one of Yixing's cookies. "Oh, by the way, Sehun, that cute guy you like here again," Suho says as he walks away to serve another table, causing Sehun to choke on his cookie and get up from his seat and walk towards a feminine looking man and begin to talk to him, receiving a disappointing look from Jongdae. "I mean... this is a good place to look for some inspiration. You can add a romantic side story to your novel or something," Jongin suggests. "But that is an overused concept, it doesn't feel original," Chen complains as he takes out his journal and flips towards a blank page and titles it "What To Add In My Story".

"Well I believe romance is vital to every story as it can be used in multiple ways," a calming voice spoke from behind Jongdae, causing him to turn to see a barista with black, combed back hair and baozi-like cheeks. "From a cheesy love triangle like the one from eclipse, the lovers from opposing forces like in Rosaria and Julian, or where the protagonist makes the alleged villain fall in love with them like in the Pretty and the Feral. Despite these tropes being used on a daily basis, the main idea is how you make it your own," the barista says as he places down a few cups and places a pitcher of a pink drink down. "Thanks Minseok. Hey, do you think you could put in a good word for me with Kyungsoo?" Jongin asks as he grabs the pitcher and begins to pour the drink into his cup. "Nice try Jongin, I'm not interested in a relationship and won't be for a while," Kyungsoo comes in and places a cake down onto their table with a few plates as well and a small cupcake for Jongin. "But I will give you this just cause of how persistent you are," and Kyungsoo leaves the three of them. "You could also use that inside your story," suggested Minseok. "The love interest who gives the protagonist a hard time despite them both liking each other." As Minseok walks away, Jongdae began to check him out and realized how fit he looked and began to wonder what he would like without a shirt or under him, causing him to blush slightly and shake his head to get those thoughts out of his head. "Well look at who is going to hit on the only single barista left?" Jongin says with a snarky tone with Jongdae's only response to cut himself a piece of cake and stuff his face with it.