Chapter 3

Few moments in the Café, everyone was doing their own respective things: Chanyeol was helping out Baekhyun just so then he would be close to him, Sehun is eating some food with Luhan who is with Tao and Kris, Kai is flirting with D.O at the counter making some orders, Suho is managing other tables while occasionally passing the sleeping Yixing and giving him a kiss on the cheek, and Chen sitting at the table staring down at an almost blank page with the only scribbles on it being doodles of a particular barista with cat ears. "Hmmm, this doesn't seem that accurate to me... but cute nonetheless," Minseok's voice could be heard from behind Chen, causing him to blush and close his notebook. The reaction of the younger one causes the barista to giggle as he sets down two cups of coffee and a batch of cookies for Chen and sits down in front of him. "Um... shouldn't you be working?" Chen asks, still slightly embarrassed from the prior event. "Nah, the others have it covered. I'll consider this my short break," Minseok says with a light smile on his face which made Chen blush even more. "So why is it that this is the first time I'm seeing you here?" Minseok asks as he takes a cookie for himself and drinks from one of the mugs of coffee. "Oh, well I'm usually stuck at home writing up my novel and practicing my vocals," Chen says as he sets his journal down and takes a sip out of his coffee. "Oh? You're an author and a singer, very impressive," Minseok says as he gives him a small wink. "W-well it's not like that. I am forced to take singing lessons and the novel I'm working on is not interesting at all," Chen says as he blushes and continues doodling in his journal.

Minseok giggles at Chen's cute reaction and notices Kyungsoo giving him a side-eye, causing him to get up and walk up towards the counter where Kyungsoo and Kai are. "Sorry to interrupt your attempts to sweep Kyungsoo off his feet but you don't mind if I talk to him, right Kai?" Xiumin asks as he grabs Kyungsoo and begins to pull him into the back. "Oh yeah, don't worry about it. I'll see you later my adorable owl," Kai says as he gives Kyungsoo a small air kiss and walks away, causing Kyungsoo to roll his eyes and follow Xiumin to the back. "So he's the first son of the Kim corporation?" Xiumin says, switching his tone from cheerful to serious. "Yeah, he is expected to take over the company and our ticket to fame and fortune," Kyungsoo says as he begins to clean up a few of the boxes that were in the back. "But that also makes him someone who we should be most careful of, am I right?" Xiumin asks as he realizes that if Chen or any of his other friends recognize them while they are on the mission, it becomes compromised. "I still don't understand why Luhan, Baekhyun, Suho, or you try to bother to get close to them and want me to as well," Xiumin says as he leans back into a wall and looking up at the ceiling. "Well, you can't really control who you like, it just happens," D.O says as he grabs some plates. "And also we all thought that you might like him, he seems like a guy you might like."

"I don't know, he seems kinda shy..." Xiumin says as he thinks about Chen blushing which causes him to giggle. "Well from what Kai tells me, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. From the stories I have heard, he can definitely dominate you," Kyungsoo whispers into Xiumins ear, causing him to blush. "Shut up!" Xiumin says as he swings at D.O who manages to block it with his hand. "Just make sure you prioritize the mission, got it?" D.O says as he walks out of the back and leaves Xiumin to ponder on the mission for a bit before going back out to Chen.