Chapter 3

"Amalia is just a child!! She's a ten year old girl!! she shouldn't be put through this training!!" My mother screamed this out at my father, I was sitting on my knees on the grassy ground, holding my bloody arm and panting hard. My legs were bloody, and there was a large cut on my face, I could feel the blood drip from the cut and down my face. "I am not doing this to torture her! I'm doing this for her safety and protection! She needs this training to be a soldier!" I could see tears streaming down my mother's face, she stood in the doorway with three of my brothers. She was angry, crying tears of anger and hurt, for her only daughter. My mother looked at me, her eyes showing the pain only a mother would know. She turned back to my father, taking a few steps towards him but was quickly stopped by two of my brothers grabbing her, my mother fussing in their hold and shouting at my father. "Stop this foolishness! Please! You'll kill our daughter, I'm begging you to please stop!!"

I picked up my baton, standing up slowly, my body aching with pain. I used the staff to balance myself, I looked to my mother, smiling at her through the pain, letting her know that I'm okay. I groaned and grunted, balancing myself with the staff as I spoke. "I'm okay mama, see? I can still stand! My wounds aren't too bad. I can do this! i'll beat dad!" But even as I spoke those words, I could tell by her face that her heart broke for me. She broke down into more, choking on her tears, my brothers having faces of concern for me and my mother, they held her close, taking her back inside. But my mother still called out my name, calling out to my father to give me mercy. One of my brothers stood there, anger on his face as he stared at my father but went inside slowly to aid my mother.

My father picked up his baton, facing towards me and got into a fighting stance. "Do not disappoint me Amalia." He said sternly and harshly, I gave a big smile to him, and through the horrid pain I got into my fighting stance, I knew I was too weak to fight, but I did anyway. "I won't, I won't!" And as I ended that sentence, he charged at me, my heart filled with fear but I stood my ground. He raised his staff as he got closer to me, and brought it down on me.

I jolted awake as I heard doors slamming shut, I panted a bit hard, realizing as I stared at the ceiling it was only a nightmare from my childhood. I groaned softly, rubbing my eyes gently to wake myself up. How long was I asleep?

I could hear the stomping of boots, I turned my head towards the sound and saw General Hux stomping towards his desk, slamming his datapad on the desk and sitting down behind the it, turning on his computer and typing onto it. His face just showing anger.

"Meeting didn't go so well I assume?"

He didn't answer, all he did was sigh deeply. However after a good minute he answered. "I wish to not speak about it."

I understood, I wasn't going to pressure him nor keep asking him what happened. I put on my shoes and looked over to him. "Would you like some tea? Maybe the tea will help you to calm down and relax General?" He nodded, requesting for tea, I got up making my way to the kitchen and prepared his tea.

After a few minutes his tea was ready, I picked up the glass of water off the coaster on his desk and placed his cup of tea on the coaster, I walked away back to the kitchen and dumped out the cup of water and cleaned it.

Later..

                  General Hux's Pov

I stretched out in my chair, I was halfway done with the work I needed to complete. I glanced over to Amalia, seeing her sitting back on the couch, arms crossed over her chest and eyes shut, she was asleep. I looked at the three medium sized stacks of the papers I assigned her to organize and to recycle anything that didn't belong, most of them had to do with politics. Whenever I peeked on her to check how she was doing she was always focused on the papers, never slacking off. She was a hard worker, and I was impressed by that, but mostly appreciated it. If she hadn't helped me with these papers me I would have been behind on work, and that wasn't something I needed to add onto the stress.

"Amalia, wake up." I said as I stood to the side of her, looking at her. I watched her wake up slowly then sit up properly on the couch.

"My apologies General, How long have I been asleep?" She said as she rubbed her eyes, yawning a bit.

"Only thirty-five minutes. You're a very quiet person working and sleeping, completely forgot you even were in here." I carefully and gently looking through the stacks of papers, every single one perfect and organized. And yet again I was impressed. "I didn't think you knew how to sort or understand any of these, but you did."

She chuckled. "If you didn't think I could do it, why did you assign me the task?"

"I wanted to see if what I thought was correct, but now I know it wasn't. You should be my assistant, not my guard." I continued to look through the papers.

"Thank you sir, but I was never good at politics or sorting papers. I'm more good at fighting and being a guard."

"Interesting." I set the papers down and walked to my desk, grabbing some different colored folders and walking back over to the tables. "I am curious, who taught you?"

"Well, as I said my father was in the military. My mother was more of a politician, she taught my siblings about politics, she thought it was always a good skill to have. And she was right."

"Your mother was correct, knowing politics is a strong skill and strength to have. Even though it's annoying."

"Thanks. She did her best." She gave me a smile and soft laugh.

I stared at her, not giving her a facial reaction. I started to put the papers into separate folders, and without asking Amalia began to help. I told her what papers go into which folder, for a few minutes it was silent except for the sounds of moving papers, until I broke the silence.

"I want you up early tomorrow and at my office, the First Order has a lot of work. Which means I do as well, we're close to finding Luke Skywalker and destroying the Resistance. You'll be second in charge."

"Second in charge? Sir, I'm your guard. My orders are to protect you at all costs."

"And I have given you a order to be my second in charge. That will be all from this conversation. Go on, rest up." She sighed but nodded, leaving my office. Tomorrow was going to be busy, but I was coming up with some challenges to give Amalia. I wanted to test out her skills.

(Hey everyone! My apologies for taking so long, more chapters ahead! I've been really busy with life and haven't gotten a chance to actually start writing. I hope you enjoy the chapter and the picture of Hux!))