Chapter 6

The next couple of days rolled around quickly, I recovered fast and my concussion went away, I left the infirmary going back to my usual business with Hux.

But... I couldn't stop thinking about Julaney, wondering how her day went and what work had going for her. Sometimes I'd see her in the cafeteria, chatting with the other doctors and nurses while getting lunch. I'd wave to her with a smile, she'd wave back with a smile and carry on her day. I wanted to start a conversation with her, ask her how her day was, talk about opera, what she likes and dislikes. But we never seemed to have time for that.

"Amalia." Hux spoke.

I blinked quickly, looking at him. "Yes Hux?"

"Once you're finished with those documents you're free to go. I have several meetings to attend to, feel free to roam around the ship." Hux said as he adjusted his coat, making sure it was neat and tidy. I raised an eyebrow to him, I appreciated the freedom but he usually didn't dismiss me. "What?" He asked as he noticed my facial expression.

"Nothing, usually you're wanting me to stay close." I commented.

"Today is just simply busy, some of the meetings aren't meant for your eyes or ears. So enjoy your day of freedom." Once he fully adjusted the jacket, doubling checking in the mirror, he headed on his way out the room to start his day. The next hour I spent carefully on the documents, making sure they were in order before I left. My stomach rumbled a bit, had to admit I was actually hungry.

I made my way to the cafeteria, it was the same as usual. I grabbed my tray then got in line, the chefs always had the best things to eat, I wasn't exactly picky so I got anything that would fill me up, grabbed a glass of water then went to sit at an empty table. Once I sat down I didn't hesitate to dig into my food, mainly focused on the delicious colorful pasta  that was almost addicting for regular food.

"Mind if I sit with you?" I heard a familiar voice say, I turned to see it was Julaney, my day immediately got better. I nodded, mouth full of food which she just giggled at. She sat beside me, beginning to eat her food as well. I noticed she looked tired, she must've been tired from work, working to make sure everyone was healthy, taken care of, putting herself at risk everyday and I respected it. I tilted my head as I looked at her with a smile. "Tired? Work must be exhausting." She chuckled at my comment, sighing softly. "It's not as bad as it usually can be. Sometimes it's so chaotic I can't even rest or eat, let alone leave. But, I'm grateful I can at least get a meal in." She said, yawning into her elbow. She kept eating, she was tired but determined to eat her meal.

"You work hard, I respect that. I'm glad you're able to eat, if you ever need a meal I can have a droid bring it to you, maybe the others too?" Genuinely I wanted to help, she and the other doctors and nurses deserve to eat after a long hard day. She looked at me with a tired smile, seemingly happy about the suggestion. "Thank you. That would mean a lot, the others would appreciate it a lot. I'll let them know."

The rest of our time spent at the cafeteria was eating and talking, hearing the crazy stories that happened in the infirmary that would make you laugh and cry. Julaney was passionate about her work, I could tell she wanted to help people, it was her passion and goal. After we both got done eating I walked with her down the halls, listening to the stories she told of events she witnessed while on ship, some being her interactions with Kylo. She didn't fear Kylo, I admired that, she had a spark of an attitude and temper that would scare anyone, but brought a smile to her face.

As she spook, I couldn't help but notice how...beautiful she was. Her shoulder length black curly hair, her medium brown skin, her beautiful brown eyes, all of her. I didn't mind I had to look down to her. She was close to my own mothers height, she was still beautiful. Nothing on her I couldn't find unattractive...

"Amalia?" I heard her voice call me back to reality, butterflies filled my stomach as a bright red formed on my cheeks. "Are you alright?" She asked, seemingly concerned as she noticed the brightness of red form on my cheeks. I nodded with a smile, giving her a chuckle. "Yeah, I'm fine. No worries."

She gave a small smile with a light chuckle, we eventually reached the entrance to the infirmary and stopped. "I'll be heading back to work, I have a few more things to do before the day ends." Julaney said, putting her hands into her pockets. "You have a goodnight, I hope work goes well and you get sleep." I responded, she nodded then walked into the infirmary, I walked away and down the halls.

My thoughts ran wild on my walk, I could feel myself get anxious but I tried to keep myself calm. Once I reached my room, I undressed, showered and relax. I looked at myself in the mirror, my unbrushed dark ginger hair fell across my face as I picked up my hair brush, brushing and untangling my hair causing me to look at my own dark brown eyes but not for long. I set the brush down on the counter then walked into the bedroom, getting dressed in my pajamas then laying down in bed. Even though I got comfortable to sleep, I couldn't get my thoughts clear, this is a first experience but I didn't let it bother me. I managed to fall asleep, after a good hour of laying awake.

Hopefully, the next day would be just as good.