Chapter 5

Amalia's Pov

Slowly, I began to wake up from what felt like a years worth of sleeping. Everything was blurry as I slowly opened my eyes, everything sounded muffled and distant. Just as my vision cleared up, so did my hearing, I could hear Hux's voice and a feminine voice arguing. It sure as hell didn't sound like Phasma at all, this voice had more of a sassy attitude with a bit of a small accent. I slowly sat up in the bed, wincing at the sudden pain in my head, quickly I put my hand on my head to realize I had a bandage on. My eyebrows squinted in confusion, but slowly remembered something hit my head before everything went dark. Great, that's probably why my head hurts.

I moved my hand from my head, taking a look at my surroundings. I was in a hospital bed, in a room similar to the infirmary. Wait, this IS the infirmary, oh gods how long have I been here?

"Oh thank goodness she's awake." I heard the feminine voice say as she noticed me waking up, walking to a computer facing the wall of the room. She sounded annoyed yet relieved as she typed on the computer, Hux immediately returning to my side, opposite of me. All I could see was her back and the computers screen, Hux however was right beside the bed I laid in, arms behind his back looking neatly as possible. Only noticeable difference was his facial expression, he looked concerned and worried. For me? Or maybe the fact that I'm his only guard to protect him personally worried him? I don't know, thinking about it gives me a bigger headache.

"Will she be alright? Has she sustained any other injuries? When will she get out?" Hux said in a concerned yet serious tone. Wow, never heard him sounding concerned before either, but I won't test the luck.

"As I told you already, no other injuries besides the concussion she sustained." Yet again, the woman repeated annoyed, I turned my attention to her to say something but I stopped. This woman was obviously shorter than me, darker skin, almost caramel toned with curly hair almost the color of dark chocolate past her shoulders. She turned around as a droid approached her, handing her a datapad then walked away. I got to see her eyes, they were the most beautiful brown color I've seen. I always thought brown eyes to be beautiful, however hers...they stuck out more to me. I started feeling this weird gut feeling, my nerves shot up a bit too. Am I anxious and nervous?? I've been nervous before but...this was a different kind of anxiety or nervousness that I've never felt before.

"Everything alright?" The lady asked, snapping me back to reality. I nodded, gently laying back against the bed with a smile.

"Everything seems to be in order, you'll be out here in a day or two Amalia. Do you remember anything that happened?" She asked as she walked over to be, checking my vitals and anything else she was supposed to do to make sure I was okay and in stable condition.

"Thank you, nurse...um...My apologies, what's your name?" Smooth, great way to get a girls name.

She let out a soft laugh, typing on the datapad. She looked at me with a gorgeous smile, I nearly died. "Julaney, Nurse Julaney." She said back to me, I didn't know if that was her first or last name but I didn't really care, I took it into my pained head and did my best to memorize it.

"Do you remember what happened before you woke up here?" Julaney asked, raising an eyebrow of curiosity as she began to type on her data pad.

"Uhh...I remember checking on the troops, then walking to stop for something? Thats when I heard someone yell, before I could do anything something came at me and I blacked out." I rubbed my pained head again, sighing.

"You were observing the Stormtroopers, you stopped when the person yelled look out. Then you fell backyards and blacked out." Hux said after being silent for a good minute, I looked at him as I listened, remembering that bit as I nodded.