Chapter 4

Amalia's Pov

After my every day daily jog and shower plus getting ready, I arrived at Hux's office. The doors slid open, and I entered the room. Hux was standing at the window, looking out into space with his hands behind his back and his feet a bit separate. As I walked across the room, Hux turned his head to see me.

"Ah, good, you're here." He said as he approached his desk as I did.

"You commanded me to sir. I can't disobey a command." I replied with a soft tone, a gentle smile pulling at the corner of my lips.

"As I expected." He now fiddled around with some papers on the desk, I began to become curious about last night. Hux said he'd appoint me second in command, but for what? I did understand how close they were to finding Skywalker, and destroying the resistance. But what could he possibly put me in second in command for? I had to know. "Sir, you said last night I'd be Second In Command, for what exactly?"

"Ah, I'm glad you brought that up. I will be busy today handling business as will Ren. I need you to handle some of my affairs, fix some papers, finish some assignments. I trust you can do all that?" He asked, looking at me as he finished fiddling with the papers.

"Of course sir. You can trust me, I'll get them all done."

"Good, another thing I'll need you to do is check in with Phasma about the Troopers. Usually, the basics. I'll send you a list of what to look for to your datapad."

Suddenly I felt a bit sick and nervous, I shouldn't even be nervous. I had done things like this before, however...A major difference, I checked on much smaller groups of soldiers that kept order on planets. This time, I'd be checking on the Stormtroopers of The First Order! I was much more nervous.

"There a problem?" Hux said, snapping me out of my nervous thoughts. I shook my head calmly.

"No sir, no problem. I'll get on it right away."

"Good, I'll see you later then." With that, Hux put on his long coat and walked out. The doors shutting hard behind him, I inhaled deeper then exhaled, today was going to be long.

                  A few hours later..

Today is the definition of busy. Of course I'm not complaining, this is the First Order. But MAN was it busy. I had to run errands, check and assure repairs, actually assist and figure out solutions to repair the damages Kylo Ren caused, finish Hux's emails and whatever else he was doing on his computer. I was tired, but still, I couldn't complain, for now I rested in Hux's office to relax. As fast paced as it was, I enjoyed it a bit, gave me exercise and something to do. But now, since all that was done, the last task of the day was needed to be attended to. The storm troopers.

With a gentle sigh, I picked myself up up and left Hux's office. I occasionally looked down at my data pad as I followed the directions to the training area Hux sent me. It didn't take long to reach it, but there were lots of twists and turns.

Finally reaching the training area, I was at awe of the size. It was big, the Stormtroopers were training rather hard, I never witnessed their training up close, man is it brutal. The shiny, almost glass like armor of a taller trooper caught my attention, immediately from Hux's description he sent I knew it was Phasma. I approached her, stopped beside her and gently tapped her shoulder.

"Hello, I'm Amalia. Pleasure to meet you Phasma, General Hux sent me to check on the stormtroopers." I said to Phasma, she immediately turned her head towards me. By her slow reaction of realization that Im almost the same height, she most likely expected someone shorter than her since everyone on this ship was shorter.

"I was notified of your arrival. The troopers are training at the moment. However, I can assure you the troops are in fine condition."

"We'll see once I'm done with inspections." I said with a smile as I looked at her. I pulled out my datapad, walking around the training room slowly. Most of the Stormtroopers were training in physical and weaponry combat, I paid more attention to the officers in charge of training them. The only way the Stormtroopers could possibly fail training is simple mistakes, or their officers not training them correctly. Everything seemed in order though, no issues or mistakes occurred.

"Look out!!"

I raised an eyebrow as I looked up from my data pad to my left where the shout came from. I didn't get the chance to react or duck, a piped shaped object directly hit my head, hard enough that I fell backyards. For a few seconds, I could see people gathering around me, they all were shouting something but my vision began to get blurry quickly and their voices muffled. Within a few seconds, all I saw was black and heard nothing but silence.