Chapter 31

Piper.

I love you so much. I know we’ve had some bad times, but without you in my life I feel like life isn’t worth living. I bought you this so you can remember me when you leave. If you wear it every day, then I know you love me.

Love Harry. Xx

PIPER’S POV:

I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I reached down to pick up the necklace with a shaky hand. I popped it around my neck and the heart in my hand. I sighed and shut my eyes. I rested my head on the window and watched the trees as we drove by. I stayed in that position for the whole ride. When we came to a Holt, at the airport, I got out and paid the cab driver. I grabbed my suitcase and rolled it towards the airport entrance. It took just under an hour to go through security and get ready to board the plane. I waited for the announcer to say that my flight was ready. As soon as she did, I got up and made my way to the aeroplane. The plane was just about to take off so I popped my head phones in and listened to some music. This is going to be a long 20 hours…

Eventually, after more than 19 hours, we were just about to land. That was the longest flight ever and my back is killing me. I fastened my seat belt and got ready for the bumpy ride that would be a landing. As soon as we landed I got off the plane and felt cool air-conditioned airport, making me shiver. I walked through security and got my suitcases. I left the airport and felt the blazing sun on my not so tanned, as it used to be, skin. I missed this sun. I got in the nearest cab and told him to take me back to my home. It was a 5 minute ride; I rolled down the window and watched the beautiful scenes go by with the warm wind hitting my face. I didn’t realise how much I missed Australia, until now.

I finally arrived at my parents’ house and I felt a rush of excitement. I hadn’t spoken to my family since my birthday two months ago. I quickly scrambled out of the cab and grabbed my suitcase. I pay the driver and dash to the door. I knock impatiently wanting to see my family. After a couple of seconds my mother opened the door, looking pretty pissed.

‘Can you not wait for someone… PIPER!’ She screamed. She flung her arms around me and I burst into tears. I missed her so much.

‘Mama! I missed you.’ I chocked.

‘Gregg, Piper’s home!’ She called back into the house. Seconds later my dad came out and covered me in hugs.

‘Piper, I missed you so much baby.’

‘I missed you to Papa!’ I pulled back and wiped a salty tear from under my eye.

‘What are you doing home so early?’ Mama asked.

‘Well, I missed you and I sort of got into a fight with Harry?’ I sighed. I had completely forgotten about Harry and the whole incident.

‘What? Is that the Harry boy you’ve been dating?’ My dad asked, his voice was stern and his face was serious.

‘Umm… yea.’ I sighed.

‘I never trusted that kid.’ He sounded pissed.

‘Yea, but I jumped to conclusion. By the time I spoke to him I was about to leave for the airport and I’d bought the plane ticket.’ I told him.

‘Hmmm.’ He didn’t sound convinced.

‘Papa, I don’t need protecting! It was great after the first 6 or 7 weeks. I made loads of friends. Speaking of friends, I better Skype Danielle.’ I thought. I went to my room, which was pretty clean, seeing as I left it in a state before leaving. I went to my laptop and switched it on. As it loaded I went downstairs to find some food. I searched the cupboards and came across Tim-Tams. I have missed these babies. I took the whole packet and went back to me room. I turned on Skype and saw that Danielle was online. I pressed video call and after a while she accepted. I stuffed a Tim-Tam in my mouth and chewed it.