Preface

Background info and content warnings

This novel was written in part for my MA Creative Writing dissertation. I chose to focus on the criticism of "sicklit" for my essay, and wrote this young adult novel alongside it. I wanted the story to handle subjects such as mental illness, cancer and grief in a further education setting, discuss how these subjects affect teenagers socially, and do so without glorifying tragedy or writing gratuitous "sad stuff".

That said, some of the material may be upsetting or triggering to anyone sensitive to the following subjects portrayed in literature: cancer, depression, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, death.

Context

This novel is set in Birmingham, England. Tuesday is 16, turning 17 and starting her first year of sixth form college; which is junior year, for American readers. Her college is not attached to her high school and is located in the town centre instead. This is an edited first draft.

Other info

Cover art made by the fabulous @-gnossienne- and updated Nov 11th, 2019!

Copyright © 2018 by kateryderbooks / katie ellen / kate ryder / Katie McElroy.
All Rights Reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the author except for the use of quotations in a book review.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Thank you so much for clicking on Tuesday & Max!

I really hope you enjoy it.

kateryderbooks