Epilogue

LOWKEY, NO PRESSURE

JUST HANG WITH ME

AND MY WEATHER

The machine warms the already stuffy room, so much so that the windows are open. Tuesday focuses hard on not stitching her hand into the dress she's finishing off this morning, head fuzzy with the tiredness of another late night on Lost World. The mansion she and Max have finished building for their characters is so big it's been attracting other players, and her phone is buzzing quietly on her bedside table from new friend requests and messages from their server. A swift breeze inflates her curtains like a sail, almost sending material samples flying off the desk, but Tuesday manages to stop them with a well-timed fist slam.

"Tuesday!"

"Yeah?"

Julia bustles in, trying to put in an earring blind. "So the freezer is fully stocked and I've transferred you money for shopping and stuff. Is it enough? Do you think it's enough? You know what, I'll just send another twenty..."

"Julia!" Tuesday laughs. "It's enough! It's a week-long holiday. Be calm!"

"This is so scary," Julia says, eyes wide, perching on the end of Tuesday's unmade bed. "I can't remember the last time I was away from you properly."

Tuesday's chest seizes a little bit and she can tell by the tone of Julia's voice and the way she's holding her head high, neck straining, that hers probably is too.

"I'm going to miss you," Tuesday tells her, turning off the sewing machine and joining her on the bed. "But you deserve it. Everything you've done this year... passing your exams, getting that new job... not killing me when I've given you attitude..."

"...And vomited in my sink..."

"And vomited in the sink... you deserve a break. Go and let Richard bring you twenty cocktails while you lie on the beach and get a tan."

"Get lobster red, probably."

"That's fine too," Tuesday says, face turning sterner. "Just don't come back as white as you leave. We don't get sun here. Soak it up."

Julia hugs her tightly.

"When are you leaving?" Tuesday asks.

"I'm taking the cases to Richard's in a half an hour, then we're driving to the airport together. Louis is so excited. There's some big waterpark near where we're staying, I think."

"Stop making me jealous!"

"You can still come." Julia bites her thumbnail.

Tuesday knows she can't. For a ticket for herself and her niece, Julia would've had to put the costs on a credit card most likely; a credit card she's already paying off for other essentials prior to her new position. Besides, a week alone at home means ultimate freedom. Max and Niamh have suggested a road trip to the coast for a bunch of the drama group using their cars and if the weather stays nice, Julia might not be the only one with a tan in a week's time.

"Go," she says, getting up. She places her palms on Julia's shoulders and squeezes lightly. "Go be gross with your old boyfriend and do cute family things with his kid."