Part Three-Ditching

Woody rushed out to the Sky Deck, hoping to catch Zack, Maya, Bailey, and Marcus before they left. He saw them all sitting in the same place, and he hurried over. "Guys? What happened with Cody??" He asked. Everybody looked at him. "He just screamed at us and took off." Marcus said. "Okay...So was there any reason he stormed into the cabin, crying, shaking like he was about to pass out, screamed at me to leave, and locked me out?" Woody questioned. Bailey stood up. "What?!" She said. Woody frowned at her. It looked like she had been crying as well. "What did I miss?" Woody asked. Zack stood up. "Cody found us and came over to us screaming that if we have a problem that we should talk to him directly, rather than sending me to do it. Bailey told him you g-we are worried about him, and he blew up. Bailey asked him if he just didn't want to see her, and he was quiet." He explained. Woody's eyes widened. "Y-you said he was about to pass out?" Bailey asked him. "And he was crying?" Marcus added. Woods nodded. "He looked really pale, and...It seemed like he was having trouble breathing." He said. Bailey covered her mouth with her hand. "What did I do? Maya?" She turned to her friend, who instantly caught on. The two girls took off across the Sky Deck and down the stairs. Woody watched them leave, and turned back to Zack. "Okay then." He said. Zack was quiet, as was Marcus.

"Cody?? Cody, please open the door!! Cody, please!!" Bailey cried, pounding on his cabin door. Maya knocked as well. "Cody? It's Maya. Please open up." She tried. They got no answer. Mr. Moseby passed the hallway again, and Bailey yelled at him. "Mr. Moseby!! Do you have keys to all the cabins?! Cody's hurt!" Mr. Moseby's eyes widened. "What?!" He asked, grabbing a walkie talkie out of his pocket and calling for the maintenance person to hurry to their floor. "W-we had a fight...He's been acting weird for like two weeks now, and I tried telling him we're worried about him and he got really mad and I said something I shouldn't have and Woody said that-" Mr. Moseby cut the frantic teenage girl off. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down. Slow down, Bailey." He said. Bailey took a few deep breaths as Maya continued for her. "Woody said that Cody stormed into their cabin, and he was shaking. He said that Cody was having trouble breathing and looked like he was gonna pass out." She explained. "Okay. Cody? It's Mr. Moseby. Can you open the door? Cody!!" Mr. Moseby knocked on the door urgently. Still no answer.

The maintenance person arrived quickly and found the correct key. Mr. Moseby opened the door and rushed in. All three of them called Cody's name. Mr. Moseby hurried and checked the bathroom. "He's not here..." he said. Bailey, again, choked up. "This is all my fault..." she said. Maya was quick to comfort her. "No it isn't, Bails. He's been acting up all week. We just pushed the wrong buttons. It's not your fault." She said. Mr. Moseby sighed. "Maybe he went to the nurse." He grabbed his walking talkie again, asking for the nurse. The nurse told him that nobody had visited her office for two hours now.

Woody, Zack, and Marcus rushed down the hall when they heard all the voices. They stopped in their tracks in the doorway. "Where is he?" Marcus asked. "He's not here." Bailey told them. "What? Where is he?" Zack asked. Bailey turned on him. "Oh, so now all of a sudden you care?" She challenged. Zack looked at her. "He's my brother." He said. "Exactly! He's been upset and weird for two weeks but only when he could be hurt you decide to care?!" Bailey said loudly. "Bailey, Bailey, calm down. I'm sure, wherever he is, Cody is fine." Mr. Moseby said. "You didn't see him..." Woody said. All eyes fell on him.

"He didn't look good. It seemed like he'd gotten skinnier, even." Woody continued. "Has he been eating?" Mr. Moseby asked. Woody shrugged. "I never see him eat. I wouldn't know." He said. Mr. Moseby hesitated. "Okay, everyone out. Go on and go back to your cabins. Cody will be back by curfew, that's for sure." He said at last. All the kids looked like they wanted to protest, but Moseby held up his hand. "Ah! Don't argue. Please. Make things easier. Just go to your rooms and try to relax. You'll see him tomorrow at school. I'll let Mrs. Tutwiler know what's been going on." He said. Everyone reluctantly left but Woody.
_________________________
Zack and Maya sat down in Mrs. Tutwiler's class the next day. They immediately noticed Cody's seat was empty. "Where is he?" Maya asked Bailey. The country girl shrugged. "I don't know." She said nervously. "Let's wait for Woody to get here. He'll know." Zack suggested. Maya and Bailey nodded.