Part Nine- Coming To Terms With Things

"Boys, boys, boys, slow down. I can't understand you if you're both talking at once." Mr. Moseby said. Marcus and Woody looked at each other.

"You first." Marcus said. Woody nodded.

"The twins both came to their cabins and kicked us out. Both were crying. Cody was really freaked out." Woody explained.

"So was Zack." Marcus added. Mr. Moseby nodded sadly.

"I just spoke with Zack." Moseby shook his head. "Boys. I want to explain something to you. This may be hard to understand, but it's very important. Obviously, the boys are going through something, Cody in particular. If they don't want our help, then we can't help them." Mr. Moseby said. The teens frowned.

"What?" Marcus asked.

"I know. But, if they won't accept our help then there's nothing we can do. It would only look like we're bothering them if we try to force anything." Mr. Moseby said.

"Can't the school get involved? I mean it's his mental health, right? Don't we have a school therapist or something?" Marcus asked.

"We do. I've already suggested to Cody that he go and see him." Mr. Moseby said, holding up his hand in a 'calm down' gesture. Marcus ignored the gesture, though, and raised his voice.

"You suggested it. But you're in a position of authority! You have to tell him!" Marcus said.

"Yeah! Cody won't listen to suggestions anymore." Woody added.

"Boys please. I can't tell Cody what to do in this scenario. Normally, I take pleasure in ordering you teenage...Teenagers to do things. But this is more serious than yelling at you for staying our past curfew or ditching school. Telling Cody to do something won't work here. He would only get more anxious and annoyed and end up distancing himself more." Mr. Moseby said, standing up from his desk and walking around to lean against it.

"There has to be something else we can do." Marcus said.

"Like an intervention!!" Woody said. Mr. Moseby shook his head.

"No, Woody-" Marcus cut him off.

"Hey, that's not a bad idea Woody!" Marcus looked to the other boy.

"Right? We can all sit Cody down and talk to him." Woody said.

"No, remember what happened last time you tried that?" Mr. Moseby asked.

"Well we won't lock the door this time." Woody said.

"Woody, it wasn't the locking of the door that freaked him out." Mr. Moseby brought up.

"It'll be calmer this time. No, this is a good idea. Tonight in mine and Zack's room. We can all sit down and talk. Calmly and respectfully." Marcus said.

"Perfect! Let's go tell the girls. Moseby, be there around 6:00?" Woody said. They left before Mr. Moseby could say anything else.
______________________________
Come 6:07, Marcus, Woody, Bailey, Maya, Mr. Moseby, and Zack were all gathered in Marcus and Zack's room.

"Okay. Cody should be here any minute. I told him I needed help on some of the history homework." Zack said. Everyone nodded anxiously. Mr. Moseby and Zack appeared the most concerned. The oldest was not too keen on this whole plan. He knew immediately that Cody wasn't going to stay once he figured out what was going on. However, he needed the kids to understand how serious this was, so he was letting them do things their way.

Zack on the other hand was terrified for other reasons. He was scared that Cody would confirm his thoughts that he was a terrible brother. He was scared that Cody was slipping away and that he'd never get his twin back.