Chapter 01

Chapter One:

Daniel sighed clicking through the clothing website, the clicks of his mouse the only sound in the empty three bedroom apartment. It was a rare moment that he got to enjoy just complete peace and quiet. Luckily his roommate Amber was out somewhere, probably doing someone, but he didn't really care, she had every right to go out and live her best life however she wanted. Even if it was with a different guy every night. She paid her rent on time and that was all that really mattered.

He paused for a moment looking at a cute dress with what most would describe as a gaudy flower pattern briefly wondering if he could pull it off with a pair of pink stilettos that had been sitting in the back of his closet for quite some time but eventually decided against it. He had work tonight but he wasn't really worried about it since he knew he wouldn't be on stage. Tonight Daniel would be working the bar to cover down for his coworker Mandy, she was out of town for a month and since he was the only other person who could properly work the tap he was her replacement. Honestly, it was nice not having to be on stage all the time but he missed it some nights.

He didn't have to work at the club if he didn't want to he had enough money from his family but he did anyway, mainly for shits and giggles. They didn't pay him very much but it gave him a reason to make use of all the pole dancing classes he'd taken in high school. Back then it had just been a recommendation from his therapist as a way for Daniel to destress and learn to love his body, it also helped that his father absolutely hated it. His father had always wanted Daniel to do 'real sports' and become more athletic like his older brother but it was pointless since by then most people liked his body the way it was.

Even so, his father never told him not to do things that made Daniel seem girly or overtly feminine but he was always disgusted by it and never had a problem telling Daniel he thought so. At some point, he became numb to his father's words taking a weird comfort in knowing so many people liked his body the way it is. By the time Daniel was in high school entertaining investors wasn't as strange to him anymore, more so he started treating it like a part-time job, convincing himself he was like everyone else when he told his friends he couldn't hang out after school.

Oddly enough he was never bullied at school, mostly because no one could get a rise out of him so he wasn't much fun to bullies. Calling him names just made him shrug and anyone who tried to get physical with him was usually beat up by someone else. He'd been friends with the theater kids and artsy students and most of the athletic kids thought he was cute so physical confrontation had been rare. Most of the teachers knew his parents and brother so they never gave him shit for anything he didn't deserve shit for. He'd been a pretty decent student, probably about B average so high school had been uneventful.

He decided to switch away from browsing the shorter dress' and instead started scrolling through the site's selection of summer dresses. Shifting on the couch, changing from a seated position to laying across it tucking his bare feet under a throw pillow to nestle the laptop on his stomach. It was nearing the end of September and it would be way too cold for a summer dress soon but an investor had offered to take him on a tropical vacation and he was still contemplating it. Most of the time he didn't like doing more than he had to do to secure the money for the family but sometimes it was nice just to have someone else pay for his fun.

He scrolled through the dresses absently letting his mind wondered to Kade Lucas, causing him to frown slightly as he did. Daniel wondered if Kade was the type to take his lover on vacations and expensive shopping trips. Honestly, he doubted it, Kade seemed like a very no nonsense kind of guy, the kind who wanted what he wanted in bed and didn't play around with niceties to get it. Somehow Daniel just couldn't picture a guy like that with a lover at all really, he was too serious and not very friendly.