~Chapter 3~

I starred at myself in the mirror, looking at the red swimsuit that I was wearing. It's 6:30 in the morning, way to early for my taste but it was worth it to have this job.

I slipped on my blue shorts and left the house. I wanted to get to the beach early since it was my first day.

I got to the beach and started walking toward tower 1 where Mitch told me to be. Taking a look down the bay I saw someone laying under the dock. Walking down towards the figure, the person looked very familiar. "Brody?", I asked when I got up to him. He was asleep propped up against the pillar.

"Brody! Brody!", I said starting to shake him awake. "Brody, what the hell are you doing under the dock?", I asked after he had woken up. "I got here early and just fell asleep under here.", I gave him a stern look. "You're in the same clothes as last night you idiot! Why didn't you say anything? I would have let you stay at my place.", I helped him up to his feet as he began to pick up his things around him.

"Shit Luna, I don't know!", I jumped back as he raised his voice at me. "Sorry, I just didn't want you to worry about it I guess.", he said bringing his voice back down to normal.

"Come on it's almost time to start.", I said changing the subject and starting toward tower 1. Brody and I were on duty together today so it's really no use in being mad.

"Are you excited cause I'm like freaking out!", I asked trying to lighten the mood. "Yes Luna, I'm so excited to be here at 7 in the morning to watch people swim.", he said really sarcastically. I rolled my eyes at him before yelling, "race you!", and sprinting off to our tower. "Oh you're in for it!", he took off running after me.

He was just about to catch up to me when he fell rolling head first into the sand. I doubled over laughing at him. "Are you o-okay!", I chocked out, still laughing. "I'm fine.", he said very sternly. I walked over and held my hand out to help him up. He grabbed it and pulled me down on the sand with him.

Instead of landing on the sand beside him I landed on top of him in a straddle position. No matter how awkward the situation was, neither of us could hold in our laughter.

"Oh, hey Mitch.", Brody said. He stopped laughing and my head whipped around to see Mitch standing there looking down on us. "Shit, um, this isn't what it looks like.", I jumped off of Brody and back to my feet, leaving Brody laying on the sand.

"Both of y'all, tower 1 now.", Mitch said, his voice very stern. "Yes sir, I'm, I'm so sorry.", I said actually pulling Brody to his feet this time. We both started walking to the tower in silence.

I unlocked the tower and opened the door. We walked in and looked at each and busted out laughing. "Great way to start out our first day!", I said sarcastically.

I laid my keys down on the control table and headed out to where C.J. was. "What was going on with you and Brody?", she nudged my shoulder with hers, sounding very flirtatious as I stood beside her. "Long story but nothing happened." "Sure.", I rolled my eyes at her as Mitch walked up.

"I want you and Bieber over there..." he looked over at Brody walking back to the tower in his blue shorts, "together this week. I think y'all together could work out good, but I better not catch y'all doing anything like that again.", he pointed to the spot where I was on top of Brody. "I promise we'll be completely professional.", I ran back to Brody who was now standing in the tower.

"Mitch wants us together all week.", I said once I got inside. I pulled my blue shorts off so I was just in my red swimsuit. Who knew that a lifeguard suit would be so revealing. It felt like half of my butt was hanging out.

I picked up the binoculars and looked out towards the ocean. "What are you doing? There's not anyone out there yet.", Brody said from behind me. "No people makes the view better.", I pulled the binoculars down from my face to look at him. "You're different then the rest of them.", was all he said.

"What do you mean?", I asked with a smile, pulling the binoculars down from my face. "Most girls wouldn't be worried about where I stay at night or laugh at how stupid I am. You treat me like an actual person and to everyone else I'm the "Vomit Commit". The one who screwed it up at the Olympics for USA.", he confessed. "That's because you are a person. Sure you did puke in the pool during the biggest sports event there is, but that doesn't make you any less of a good person. You're amazing, and only an idiot couldn't recognize that."

A smile formed on his face as he walked up and stood in front of me. "And thankfully for you, I'm not an idiot.", our faces were now centimeters apart. "Yeah, I guess I really am lucky.", he then placed a small kiss on my lips.

"No, I think I'm the lucky one.", I said. I pressed my lips back against his, putting my hands behind his neck. His hands went to my waist, both of us enjoying the moment.

***

It was the end of the day and the beach was starting to close. Brody and I were walking down the beach, picking up the trash that people have left.

Today was an amazing day. Work was great, I was rocking this bathing suit, and Brody and I kissed. Life is good.

I threw my trash bag into the dumpster and walked back to the tower to get my keys. Brody was back laying under the dock.

"Come on Brody, you're staying with me.", I asked pulling him up to his feet. "No Luna, I'm fine staying under here.", he went to sit back down but I pulled him back up. "I didn't ask, come on it's getting late.", he finally gave in and started walking beside me.

***

"You can stay in here.", I opened up the door to the spare room in my house. Brody walked in and put his stuff down on the floor.

"You didn't have to do this. I was fine under the dock.", he said. "I know you were, but I wasn't.", I walked in the room and up to him. I took my hand and messed up his hair, knowing how much he cares about it. He let out a laugh and shook his head.

Brody put his hands around my waist and pulled my closer to him, my fingers playing with the hairs on the back of his neck. He placed a small but passionate kiss on my lips before pulling away. "Goodnight.", he said. "Goodnight.", I walked out of the room, closing the door behind me and walking to my own room.

Best. Day. Ever!