~Chapter 20~

"I'm so happy to be home!", I said flopping down on the bed. Our plane landed at 3:00 p.m. and we are just now getting back home.

"Me too.", he sat down beside me. "Is there anything you want to do before we have to go back to work tomorrow?", I asked.

He thought about it for a second before peeking up and saying, "Let's go out. Just you and me." "You mean a date?", I asked, giggling.

"Yeah. Unless you don't want to.", he said, the smile slightly leaving his face. I cupped his face in my hands and kissed him softly. "Of course I want to."

"Okay it's 3:15 right now. If I start getting ready now, I can be done by 4:45ish and we can eat around 5.", I said standing up and heading to the bathroom to shower. "Who said we were going to eat?", Brody said with a chuckle.

I picked my head out of the bathroom and said, "I did." I heard him laugh as I stepped back into the bathroom to take a shower.

***

"Ready!", I said stepping out of the bathroom. I looked at the clock, 4:42. Damn, I'm good and I even look super hot.

I was wearing a super cute floral romper that flared at the top

I was wearing a super cute floral romper that flared at the top. My hair was beaded down the side and put into a low, messy bun. My makeup was natural, but still really cute.

"You ready babe?", I asked while coming down the stairs. "Wow.", Brody's eyes went wide when he saw me.

"What.", I asked with a giggle, walking up to him. "I've never seen someone as beautiful as you.", he said.

Brody put his hands on my waist and pulled me closer to him. "Gorgeous.", he said almost in a whisper. I cupped his face in my hands and kissed him passionately.

"Come on, let's go.", I slipped my hand into his and intertwined our fingers. "So where are we going?", I asked. "Wherever you want.", he leaned down and kissed my cheek.

"How about Joe's? Just like we did on our first date.", I said with a smile. "As long as I'm with you, anywhere is perfect.", I rolled my eyes at him but still smiled. He always knew the perfect thing to say.

"You're so cheesy, but I love it.", I kissed his cheek again. We walked the rest of the way to Joe's and got seated at a table.

We ordered our food and drinks and were waiting on them to arrive. I looked over at one of the TVs near the bar and couldn't believe what I was seeing.

"Matt Brody was last seen at an airport in California, taking a picture with a fan. This is the first time anyone has seen or heard from him since the Olympics. I guess Matt Brody is making his way back into fame, but is it really a good thing? I mean he is the entire reason USA lost.", a TMZ reporter said over the tv.

The picture of Brody and the girl were up on the screen. "Holy shit!", I whispered to Brody. His eyes were wide and he was nodding his head.

A bunch of people were staring at this point, whispering amongst themselves. Then the whole situation got worse.

"Matt Brody's new girlfriend, Luna Cox, was also seen at the airport with him. I wonder how he landed her after everything that happened? She must be pretty stupid to fall for him.", the same TMZ reported said.

I didn't have to look around to know that everyone was looking at me now. Some guy from the bar that was staring then whistled over at me. I could feel my face turning red.

"Man, how did he get her? She's even out of my league.", the guy yelled across the room. I could feel tears coming to my eyes. Standing up, I walked to the bathroom and locked the door behind me.

I put the toilet lid down and sat down on it, putting my face in my hands. I let everything out, not even caring what my makeup was going to look like afterward.

There was a knock on the outside of the door but I didn't make any efforts to get it. "Luna, come on. Let me in.", Brody said from the other side of the door.

I stood up and unlocked the door, letting him in. He closed the door back behind him and pulled me to him. I started crying into his shoulder as he held me against him.

"Luna, that guys an asshole. You are beautiful, smart, and the strongest person I know.", he said pulling my chin up to look at him. "I don't feel like it.", my voice was barely above a whisper.

"You are and no shit head like that is going to be able to tell me otherwise.", he leaned down and kissed my lips softly.

"Do you want to leave? It's totally fine if you do.", he said, releasing me from the hug. "No, I'll be okay.", I paused and looked into the mirror. Mascara was running down my face and my cheeks were red. "It won't be as good as it was before but I can fix it."

"You'll be beautiful either way.", he kissed my cheek and walked out of the bathroom. I started fixing my makeup and reapplying mascara to my lashes. When I was finished I walked out of the bathroom and back into the restaurant.

You never think about how words can hurt someone until you're the one things are being said about.

I'm so excited Guys!! We just hit 1k reads!! Thank so much to everyone who had read this and who reads every update.

Is there anything that I could do differently when I write? Is there any kind of ideas that anyone has? If so comment or message me your ideas, I would love to hear them!