~Chapter 9~

We were not okay. If anything, we were the opposite.

Even though everyone excepted Brody and I, it all boiled down to one thing. We needed Mitch.

We aren't the same team that we were when Mitch was lieutenant. Everyone is moping around, like they don't even want to be here anymore.

I grabbed the backpack full of first aid stuff and started toward the truck. Throwing it in the back, I heard someone calling my name from behind. "Luna, Luna you need to see this!", Brody came running up behind me with a folder in his hand.

"What is it?", I asked. "You took marine biology didn't you?", he asked when he got up to me. I had just finished getting my degree in marine biology when I joined Baywatch. It seemed like the perfect thing for me to study.

"Yeah, why?" "Take a look at this.", he opened up the file, showing some pictures of a man with many wounds on his shoulders and chest. "Do these look like shark bites to you?", Ronnie walked up behind me and said, "Let me see." He then started gagging at the site of all the blood.

"This one, could be,", I pointed to the bite in the mans chest, "but these, definitely aren't.", I then pointed at the wounds on his chest. "Do you think these could be knife wounds?", Brody's words were rushed but you could understand what he was saying.

"Yeah they could be.", I was starting to understand where he was getting at. Ronnie came back and looked at the pictures again. He started to gag again but was able to say, "Holy shit that's Dave!"

Brody flipped the folder shut and turned to face him. "Stop looking at the pictures.", I put my hand on his shoulder trying to get him to stop gagging long enough to explain. "What did you just say.", Brody asked.

"That's Dave!", Ronnie was still frantic from the sight of the pictures. "Who's Dave?", Brody tried calming Ronnie down but it wasn't really working. "I used to work with him.", Ronnie's breathing was starting to turn back to normal.

"Doing what?", Brody asked. "Uh, uh, tech stuff.", Ronnie stuttered out. "You won't understand.", Ronne shook his head. "I will understand, what kind of tech stuff?!", Brody raised his voice a little, sounding irritated. I put my hand on his back, calming him down.

"Shit, that's it! Dave told me he was working with Leeds on something, for the money.", Ronnie's eyes went wide, remembering the rest of the story. "That means Mitch was right. Both of these body's were dead before they hit the water.", Brody exclaimed. "Leeds got rid of him, and were probably next.", Brody paused then said again.

"Shit!", Ronnie said. "Ronnie, I need your help." "No.", he told Brody. "Yes." "No." They argued like this for a second before Ronnie said, "Okay fine." "Okay good, because as much as I know about laptops, I don't know shit about computers.", Brody said, putting his hand on Ronnie's shoulder.

***

It was now dark and we all stood outside on the beach, surrounding a fire. "Okay guys, we did some digging and Mitch was right. The Huntley is a front for a giant drug operation, but we figured out that it's not about drugs, it's about property, and she's planning on making the entire bay private.", Brody told us all.

We all looked around at each other before C.J. said, "Yeah but the town would never go for that." "Yeah they would, because she has every single politician in this town on a payroll.", Brody said.

Brody and Ronnie explained the rest of what they found out. "Leeds is having a party over on that yacht tonight, and we're going to go to that party.", Brody said.

Everyone shared there no's and protests but Brody spoke up over everyone. "We are Baywatch. It's our job to protect the bay.", everyone nodded their heads at what he was saying.

"Now, let's go kick that bitches ass.",we all nodded and smiled as we left the beach together.

Brody was right. I've never seen him be so serious or take this much responsibility. I'm so proud of him.

That bitch won't know what hit her.