~Chapter 19~

"I'm gonna miss you!", Ella wrapped her arms around me, giving me a hug. Brody and I were getting ready to catch our flight back to Florida.

"I'll miss you more!", I hugged her even tighter. "We've gotta go or we'll miss our flight.", I said.

Ella and I hugged one last time before Brody and I got in Moms car. Brody opened the door to the backseat and got in, buckling his seatbelt.

I got in on the opposite side of him and slid in the middle. "You don't have to sit back here with me. Sit up front with your mom.", he said pointing to the front seat.

"Naw, I'm just fine back here.", I leaned my head on his shoulder. Mom came out of the house and got in the drivers seat.

"Y'all be good back there together.", she said looking back at us. "Mom, stop.", I said under my breath but loud enough for Brody to hear. He chuckled softly and kissed my head.

"So Brody, what exactly happened at the Olympics? I'm just curious.", Mom said. My eyes went wide. "Mom, that's all in the past.", I said, meeting her eyes in the rear view mirror.

"No Luna, it's fine.", he paused before continuing, "The night before the meet, another teammate and I went to some club in Rio. He didn't drink but I did... a lot. That morning in the pool, I was hungover and puked in the pool.", he shook his head in embarrassment.

I put my hand on top of his and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "Would you say that that could possibly happen again in a different scenario?", mom kept pressuring him.

"No. I learned my lesson in many more ways then one. Plus, being with Luna has made me a better person. I'm a different person then I was back then.", he said looking over at me. I smiled and looked back up at Mom.

Surprisingly she had a smile on her face as well. "I was hoping you'd say something like that. Keep this one around Luna.", she met my eyes in the mirror again.

I was smiling so big. I quickly kissed Brody's cheek and watched Mom pull into the airport.

***

"Bye Momma.", I waved to mom with my free hand. "Let's go home.", I said to Brody. He nodded his head with a smile, showing off his pearly white teeth.

We walked to the back of the line and waited to get on the plane. The girl in front of us turned around and her eyes went wide.

"You're the Vomit Commit! The guy from the Olympics!", she said way too loud. People all around were now staring and pointing at us, whispering things about him.

"Um, yeah that's me.", he said, scratching the back of his neck, something he does when he gets nervous. "Are you his girlfriend?", she asked looking at me.

"Yeah, I am.", I said proudly. "She raised her eyebrows at me like she was surprised. "Can I have a picture? Even if you totally embarrassed USA, you've still got two gold medals.", she said.

Who the hell does she think she is? "Sure, I guess.", he said. The girl handed me her phone and put her arm around Brody's waist.

I'm sure the anger showed on my face as I raised the camera up and took the picture. "Thanks.", she said and grabbed her phone back and stepping back in line.

"Little bitch.", I said under my breath. "Tell me about it.", Brody said. I laughed and kissed his cheek.

It's nice to know that people actually remember Brody won two gold medals and not that he just puked in the Olympics pool.