I'm Fine Okay?

I woke up in the morning in immense pain and I definitely wasn't in the mood to walk to school, but I pushed through it and got there when the bell rang. I rushed to my locker to get my books and put my backpack away before heading off to science class.

I got to class and sat at the back of the room. This is where I normally sat, but i also figured that less people would see the bruise on my face and stare at me if I sat back here. The seat next to me at the lab bench was empty and I was rather happy about that. That is, until Peter walked in.

"You're late again Mr Parker" Mr Cobbwell stated. He was clearly angry. "Sorry sir, you see, I woke up and my alarm hadn't gone off and then a bird came along and-" Peters rambling was cut short. "I don't care Peter, detention until 5 this afternoon".

"Bu-" he began.

"No buts" the teacher said "go take your seat".

Peter looked around and and then his eyes landed on me when he noticed the empty seat next to me. He walked over and sat down. "Hey Miche-woooooaaaaahhhhhh what happened to your face!" He whisper yelled. "Nothing" I deadpanned. "That's not nothing. It looked like someone pu-" he got cut off again. "Peter, be quiet or else I'll double your detention" Mr Cobbwell said, clearly irritated.

Peter got the message and shut up. He spent park of the lesson mixing some chemicals in a beaker in one of the desk draws. I didn't know what he was doing, but I just ignored it. I had a feeling that I didn't want to implicate myself in what might happen next, and I was right.

About 10 minutes into the lesson whatever he had been mixing exploded, covering both of us in a black powdery substance. "THATS IT! PETER! MICHELLE! DETENTION UNTIL 6PM!!!" He shouted at us. "But I-" I began, at the same time that Peter said "but she-". "I DON'T CARE! GO TO THE PRINCIPALS OFFICE! NOW!!!" He screeched. 'Wow, someone's having a bad day' I thought.

Peter and I left the room and began the walk to the principals office. "Michelle I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to-".

"It's okay Peter, it's no big deal" I told him. Truth be told, it was probably a blessing in disguise. Flash wouldn't stay at school for that long just so that he could beat me up afterwards. Plus, it's not like there's really ever anyone at home waiting for me, and I'd be studying either way. Detention won't make any difference to my day, if anything, it will benefit me.

"By the way, what happened to your face?" He just had to ask. I just said the first thing I thought of, "I fell". He didn't look like he believed me. "What did you hit your face on?" He continued. "The stair rail in my house" I lied. "Really? Because it doesn't look like-"I cut him off. "I'm fine okay?". He still didn't seem convinced, but he left it alone.

—————————time skip—————————

After detention I speed walked out of the building, I had learnt that football practice was on today, and I didn't know when it ended. As far as I was concerned, Flash could still be here.

I made it out of the building and around the corner safely and it made me think I was in the clear, but as I turned to walk down another street I realised just how wrong I was. Around the corner was the football team. They were about to head into a cafe, but then they spotted me.

"Hey it's the nerd!" He shouted. I ran. I ran as fast as I could down the street. Back past the school, and as far away from them as I could get. But I wasn't quick enough. I didn't make it very far before they caught me, and dragged me into a nearby alleyway.

————————trigger warning————————

"You seriously thought you could outrun us? How pathetic. Come on boys, lets have some fun" his eyes gleamed evilly as they approached. I didn't know what they were planning, and I definitely didn't want to find out, but there was no way I could escape. So, I did the only think I could do. I screamed, and tried to push through them. But I wasn't strong enough.

Two of them grabbed my arms while another one put their hand over my mouth. I struggled and even tried to bite their hand, which I succeeded at, but I couldn't get away. "You little bitch!" The jock who's hand I bit said.

—————————trigger over—————————
The jocks managed to get a few blows in before they were interrupted. "You know, that's not how you're supposed to treat a lady, didn't your mothers teach you anything?" A voice spoke. We all looked around, trying to find the source of the voice, but there was nothing. Then we looked up. "Well hiya" Spider-Man said cheerfully, although there was a hint of sarcasm in his voice. He dropped down from the rooftop and landed next to me. "I'm Spider-Man" He said. "Soooooooo, watcha doin here? I mean, it's kinda obvious what you're doing but-" he didn't get to finish his sentence because one of the jocks decided to try to punch him in the face. But before the jocks fist could even reach him it the jocks hand was webbed to the wall. "Well, that wasn't very nice. I mean, I feel like I've been getting cut off all day!" He said. "Spider-Man duck" I shouted as another jock tried to punch him while he wasn't looking. "What where?" He asked as he ducked "all I see are some jockstraps!". I giggled quietly as I watched the jocks get their ass's handed to them. 'Wait... did I just giggle?' I thought. Spider-Man made taking down the jocks look so effortless! "Spider-Man, Spider-Man, does whatever a Spider-Man does, can he swing, from a web, yes he can, but he's a man, look ooooooooooout, I'm a Spider-Maaaaaaaaaaan" he sang as he finished sticking the jocks to the walls of the alley with his webs. This had me laughing so hard that I started crying. I couldn't help it. It was just hilarious.

"Wow" Spider-Man said, staring at me. "What?" I questioned. "Umm, nothing, it's just, uh" he stuttered. Wait, was he nervous? "You uh, I've never heard you laugh before, it's beautiful" he scratched the back of his neck, looking down as he said this. He seemed shy. It was cute. This had me blushing. "Well that's because we just met" I joked, elbowing him lightly. "Oh, right, yeah! We've totally never met before!" He almost sounded like he was having an epiphany, how strange.

Peter/Spider-Man's POV:
That was a close one! I could have accidentally given away my identity. But seriously, her laugh was beautiful. Its almost like she's a completely different person right now. I wonder why.

"Well spiderboy" she began, jokingly taunting me "shouldn't we call the police?" She asked. "Hmmm" I pretended to think as I looked at the jocks who I'd webbed to the wall. I just so happened to have conveniently webbed their mouths shut, so all I could hear were their muffled groans. "Well, we could leave them here for a few hours first" I jokingly pondered. Then I leant in towards Michelle and whispered "lets let them believe that and call the cops in 10 minutes" while quietly chuckling. This made her laugh. "Okay then" she giggled.

Michelle's POV:
Wow, this is so weird, am I laughing? I haven't actually laughed in ages. I don't know, maybe it's just the adrenaline. I mean, who knows what could have happened to me if he hadn't saved me.

We began to walk out of the alleyway, leaving the jocks wide eyed. They tried to call out to ask us to release them, but their voices were muffled by web. I took satisfaction in seeing that.

As we rounded the corner to head away from the alley I suddenly felt light headed. I guess the blows that they got in earlier must finally be taking their toll on me. I ignored the feeling, pushing through it to continue walking until finally, I couldn't ignore it any longer. "Hey Spider-Man" I said as I stopped walking "I don't feel so good".

Darkness began to consume my vision and I could feel myself falling. The last thing I remember was Spider-Man shouting "MICHELLE!!!" Before it all went black.