He Was Worried?

Peter/Spidermans POV:
Ordinarily nothing could compare to the feeling of swinging from web to web through the city. There's just something calming about the way the wind flies through my hair, and how weightless it makes me feel. But this time was different.

I swung through the city in a hurry. With one hand, I was shooting webs, and with the other, I was trying to keep hold of Michelle. It wasn't exactly easy, but the adrenaline kept me going. "I can't believe I didn't notice her injuries earlier! I'm such an idiot." I thought. "Come on, come on, wake up Michelle" I mumbled worriedly as we made out way to the hospital.

~~~~~~~~~~~~time skip~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrived at the hospitals emergency area and I rushed in with Michelle in my arms. I was just about ready to collapse, but I had to keep going, for her sake.

"HELP!" I shouted, sure, it might be a little over the top, but I was worried. Who knows what they did to her before I arrived. "What happened" a nurse said rushing over to us. "We need a bed!" She shouted to some of the other staff. "She got beaten up" I replied, panting a little.

They took her away on a bed and I tried to follow but then there was a hand on my chest. "Sorry Spider-Man but you can't go with her. If you're that concerned though you can go to the waiting room and I'll come to let you know when you can see her" she said. I thought about this. 'It's probably best if I don't stick around, I'll attract to much attention. But then again, I want to make sure she's okay... umm... what to do... I KNOW! I'll just come back as Peter, uh, I mean, myself tomorrow! I'll just say I heard about what happened and came to check if she's okay!' I thought.

I thanked the nurse and told her that I had to leave before walking out of the building and swinging home.

~~~~~~~~10hrs later, 5am~~~~~~~~

Michelle's POV:
I groaned, slowing coming to. Then I looked around and noticed that I was in a dark hospital room. 'What happened?' I thought. But then I remembered everything. I remembered every blow is received, I remembered Spider-Man saving me, and I remembered him calling my name as I blacked out. 'How did he know my name?' I thought.

I tried to sit up but then I noticed the IV in my arm and the pain in my neck and my stomach. It hurt like heck. I guess I didn't notice the pain earlier because of the adrenaline.

Pushing through the pain, I pressed the nurses button and messed with the other buttons until one of them shifted the mattress so I could sit up. Then a nurse lightly knocked on the door before coming in.

"Hi!" She said chirpily as she turned on the light. I hissed as my eyes adjusted to the sudden brightness. "Oh woops sorry!". She dimmed the lights and walked over to my bed. "So, how are you feeling?".

"I've felt better" I mumbled. This just made her laugh. "I bet you have" she giggled. "Okay, so" she said as she picked up my chart "according to this you have some minor whiplash in your neck and you had a little bit of internal bleeding in your stomach aswell as a few bruises. You also slightly lacked nutrients, hence the IV". My eyes widened a little at this. "When will I be released?" I had to know, I couldn't afford to miss school. "About 2-3 days" she responded. "WHAT! But, I can't afford to miss school!" I blurted out worriedly. I had to keep my grades up. "Don't worry miss, I'm sure one of your classmates can get the work for you?". I didn't know how to respond, so I just nodded my head. I didn't have any friends to bring me the work. I'll probably just have to ask the teachers when they get back and hope they can catch me up or get give me some notes.

"You're lucky that boy got you here so quickly. He seemed really worried about you" she told me. I was shocked. 'Spider-Man was worried about me? But why?' I thought.

Then the nurse quickly checked a few of my injuries since the doctor was busy and passed me the tv remote before leaving. This was going to be a long few days.

~~~~~~~~ time skip to 4pm ~~~~~~~~

It had been the most boring day ever. The TV channels sucked, and I couldn't play games on my phone because it's ancient. I'm thankful that I even have one, but if I don't have anyone to message and I can't play games on it what's the point?

I was sitting in my hospital be contemplating this when I heard a light knock on the door. "Michelle, you have visitors" my nurse said. 'Who could be visiting me? It's not like I really talk to anyone' I thought to myself.

The nurse stepped aside and much to my surprise Peter and Ned walked. I froze for a second out of confusion 'what?' and 'why?' were the only words going through my mind.

"Umm, hey, Michelle" Peter said as he scratched the back of his neck, looking down out of awkwardness and... blushing a little? He looked kind of cute. "Sup" Ned said. "Uh, hey... guys". 'Damn it, can't I just be social once!'.

"We heard that you were in hospital so we thought we'd come and visit" Peter told me with a small smile on his face. "Haha, yeah, you should have heard him. It was all he could talk about today" Peter was turning bright red, but Ned carried on " 'I can't believe Michelle's in hospital! I've got to take notes for her, should I get her flowers. Will it seem weird if I visit her, we're friends right? Ned what do you think? You're coming with me right?'" He mimicked Peter nervous rambles, throwing in a high pitched voice and some frantic hand actions. Peter looked so embarrassed right now and this just made me laugh even more. "Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed" Peter groaned. "What? Did I ramble to slowly? Did I not do enough hand actions?" Ned asked, making me laugh harder. "Wait, were friends?" I asked, stunned. "Um, do our want to be" Peter asked. "I'd like that" I gave them a small smile. I'd never had friends before.

"Well, anyway, um, I took notes for you in class today, just cause I know how important school is to you, and... stuff... Not that I'm watching you, or, anything, but, uh, yeah" Peter rambled on. He handed me the notes and quickly looked through them. The were so neat! "Thank you so much" I said. "He copied those out so many times. That's why we weren't hear a bit earlier. He wanted to make them really neat" Ned told me, further embarrassing Peter. "Ned" Peter whispered as if he was saying 'stop'. "I really appreciate it" I told them. "We also got-" "you got her" Ned cut Peter off, "fine then, I also got you some flowers" he blushed as he handed them to me. "Wow, these are beautiful. I don't know what to say. Thank you. No ones ever done something like this for me" I told them.

"Really?" Peter seemed shocked. "Yeah" I replied.

For the next few hours we all just chatted about random stuff. During this time the doctor came in to check my injuries. Peter and Ned seemed shocked when the doctor read out my chart, my they stayed quiet. Then we chatted some more, I complained about hospital food and the tv and they complained the homework for history, until visiting hours were almost over. "Hey Michelle, I just realised, where's your family? Shouldn't they be here?" Peter asked. "Oh uh, they're busy, I guess". Peter looked like he was about to ask why but luckily the nurse walked in to tell them that visiting hours were over. "We'll see you tomorrow Michelle!" Peter said as they left. "Hope you feel better soon" Ned added. "Bye guys".

I feel like it's getting easier to talk to them, which is nice, and I'm happy that they are also coming to visit tomorrow.

Since everyone was gone I turned on the tv and relaxed until I began to get tired. I put my mattress down and was about to fall asleep until a knock.

I looked at the door, expecting someone to walk through, but no one opened the door. Thinking I'd just imagined it, I closed my eyes again and tried to sleep. But then I heard another knock.

I sat the mattress up and looked around but I couldn't see anyone. Then I heard it again, but it didn't sound like it was coming from the door. It sounded like it was coming from my right.

I slowly looked over towards the window. Thinking that maybe there was a bird. There was no way someone could be knocking on my window right? I mean, I'm on the 4th floor of the hospital.

Then I finally looked over at the window and was shocked by what I saw. Someone was there.