Please, Don't Go

The bracelet began to make ringing noises once I pressed the button and I held it up to my ear, waiting for spidey to pick up. What I wasn't expecting was for a hologram of spidey (who was still adjusting his mask) and tony stark to appear above the bracelet. That made me jump.

"Michelle! Um, hey! Sorry, I, uh, don't mean to sound rude when I say this, I mean, I guess there's really no way to say this without sounding rude, and-" Spider-Man was cut off by Mr Stark. "Then I'll just say it, you've called at a bad time. Is this actually important?" He asked rather blatantly. Not that I cared. "And really Spider-Boy, you put my hologram technology into a bracelet? I'll admit I'm a little impressed but-" I could hear Stark mumble to Spider-Man before I cut him off, answering the question that he'd originally asked me.

I responded without any emotion in my voice. I didn't want them to know that I was a bit shaken up over the encounter. "Yes, why else would I call this late at night? Some weird creature called Venom was just in my room. I believe it poses a threat to more people than just me. I've got a sample of the black tar like substance that was dripping off of it and I thought that maybe it should be analysed to figure out what that thing was." I told them. Mr Starks eyes got a little wider at this. "Kid, you stay here. I'm gonna go talk to your friend. We've got a lot to discuss". "No, Michelle's my friend, I'm coming" Spider-Man said. "Did it sound like I was giving you a choice kid? No, that was an order" Stark said. "Did it sound like I was asking to come? No, it was a statement" Spider-Man told Stark with conviction. "Ugh, we don't have time for this. Look, we'll be there in a minute, k?". "Okay" I replied as the hologram disappeared.

~~~~~~~~~~ 5 minutes later ~~~~~~~~~~

*crash*

I jumped when the window shattered and Mr Stark flew in. "It was unlocked" I told him blatantly. "I... can pay for that, anyways that's not important" was his response. I mean, I don't know if a window could keep venom out of my hospital room while I slept but I could definitely keep out bugs so it was kind of important to me. But anyways.

"Where's the samp-" that was the moment Spider-Man chose to swing face first into the brick wall next to the window. There was silence. "Uh, are you okay?" I asked. "Yeah, I, uh, well, this is a little embarrassing but, I was trying to do the roll. You know, the one where I come in through the window and hit the ground in a barrel roll before I strike a cool pose... I'll.. um... I'll just shut up now" he ended his rambling when Stark shot him a look.

"The sample" was all he said. "It's in the bag over there" was all I said as I pointed to the bag. I was slightly distracted by Spider-Man, who was rubbing his face through his mask.

"Okay, well I'll take this back to the lab and test it in the morning. You two seem to be friends so you'll be watching her for now alright spider-boy? Think of it as your first training mission" Stark said.

Spider-Man/Peters POV:
'Wait, what?' I thought 'so, I'll be caring for her as Peter, but I'll get to spend extra time with her as Spider-Man?! This is great! I'll get to spend more time getting to know her. Michelle and I are friends, and I care about her, but I feel like there's a lot that I don't know about her. I guess this is my chance to find out.

"It's Spider-MAN" I mumbled. I don't know if Mr Stark heard me, but Michelle clearly did because I heard her quietly chuckle. She really needs to smile more, her smile is amazing.

I waited until Mr Stark was out of sight before I turned to Michelle. "So, now that we're alone, are you okay?" I asked her. I may not have known what this 'Venom' thing looked like but what I did know that receiving a late night visit from a creature covered in a black, tar-like substance would give just about anyone a fright.

"What do you mean? I'm perfectly fine, I mean, I'm a little disgusted at the stuff on my arm but it didn't injure me or anything" she told me.

"That's not what I meant Michelle" I said softly. I could tell that she was a little bit shaken by the encounter, mainly because her left hand was shaking a little as it hung by her side.

"I'm fine Spider-Man, really. I just can't wait to go home tomorrow" she mumbled with her head down. I decided that if she didn't want to talk to me about it then I wouldn't push it. "Okay, well, if you're okay then I'm going to go home now" I told her, not that I was actually going to. I was going to sit on the building across from the hospital where I could see into her window and keep guard. I didn't want to risk leaving her alone.

I hugged Michelle before I walked over to the window. "It's okay, Venom won't come back tonight, get some sleep". She nodded in response. "Goodnight Michelle" I said. Just as I was about to swing out of the window, I heard Michelle whisper "don't go, please, don't go".

I turned around to face her and gave her another hug. "If you don't want me to go, then I won't".

Than night I slept in an uncomfortable chair in the corner of Michelle's hospital room, but I didn't mind. I wanted her to feel safe.