Chapter two

Namikaze Koto was sitting in her office when there was a knock at the door.

"Come in" She said as Uchiha Shisui walked in giving her a small bow.

"Lady hokage" He said

"Shisui, you don't have to be so formal. It's just you and me here, you can call me Sensei" She told her old student.

"Alright, Sensei me and my team found something I thought you might want to become aware of" Said shisui looking as his Sensei's face turned completely serious as she interlocked her fingers putting her chin on them and letting her arms support her head, giving shisui her full attention and motioning for him to continue.

"On our way back from our recent mission we encountered a woman lying on the ground with a child in her arms. The woman was bruised, had a few open wounds and her back had burn marks on it" Shisui told the fifth hokage

"And the child?" The blonde seal master asked

"The child had a few scratches and some bruises but nothing else" Shisui reported

"They were both admitted to the hospital. But.." Shisui said before pausing

"But... What is it Shisui?" Koto asked the jonin in front of her.

"But, in the woman's possessions was an Uzushiogakure headband and a silver bracelet with the red Uzumaki swirl" Shisui finished.

There was a silence in the room but Koto quickly shattered it.

"Shisui, tell the hospital to alert me immediately when this woman wakes up" Koto ordered

"Hai, Hokage-sama" Shisui said

"Also, get me Morino Ibiki and Yamanaka Inoichi, tell them to meet me at the hospital in half an hour and tell them it's urgent" Koto continued

"Hai Hokage-sama" Shisui repeated before leaving the office.

Time Skip, At The Hospital

Morino Ibiki had been summoned by the hokage along with Yamanaka Inoichi, strangely they were to meet her at the hospital. They've been caught up by Shisui and were waiting for the hokage to come out of the Uzumaki woman's hospital room and call them in.

Soon enough Koto called both men in.

"Niko-san, these are Morino Ibiki and Yamanaka Inoichi, they're here to ask you a few questions." The hokage told The red haired woman laying on the hospital bed in front of her.

"Alright let's begin, what's your name?" Ibiki asked the woman.

"Uzumaki Niko" The woman-Niko answered.

"Where are you from?" He continued

"Originally I'm from Uzushiogakure" Niko answered

"What do you mean by originally" Inoichi interjected

"After Uzushio's destruction me and my family lived in the land of water where I met my husband and had my daughter" Kino elaborated

"Alright then where is your family now" Ibiki questioned. Kino looked down at this question she knew, she now had to lie to the hokage and she was nervous.

"My family died when rogue shinobi attacked the village that we lived in, in water country." She answered.

"What village were these rogue shinobi from" Ibiki continued as Inoichi and Koto watched intently for the woman's answer.

"I don't know they didn't wear any shinobi headbands" Niko told the interrogator

"Then how did you know that they were shinobi?" Inoichi asked her

"My husband told me as he helped me and my daughter escape" Niko lied

"Niko-san we can't help you if you don't tell us the whole truth" Koto finally interjected

"Lady hokage if you would just let me.." Ibiki tried to say before he was interrupted by the blonde woman sitting next to the hospital bed

"No, Ibiki!"

"Niko-san please tell us the whole truth, I wouldn't want to use any interrogation methods but if you don't answer our questions honestly then I won't have any other choice" The hokage said in a gentle tone.

"But.. That is the truth I'm not a shinobi!" The red haired woman lied again.

"Inoichi, if you'd please.." Koto asked the blonde man.

"Of course lady hokage" He said as he placed the palm of his hand on Niko's forehead using the Psycho mind transmission to extract the information needed.

"I'm sorry Niko-san" Koto murmured to herself. Ibiki herd this however.

"You made the right choice lady hokage. It's what's needed to be done" He told her.

It took Inoichi almost an hour to extract all of the necessary information.

Koto left before Inoichi finished the jutsu to take care of some paperwork, she had told the two ninja to report to her when the jutsu is done. So Inoichi and Ibiki were walking back to the hokage tower. There was a comfortable silence as the two men walked to the tower.

Once both men entered the tower they quickly made their way to Koto's office, They knocked and were let in.

When they entered the office they saw the fifth hokage reviewing a folder and without even looking up she addressed them. "Ibiki, Inoichi what did you find?"

Inoichi spoke first "Lady hokage, during the mindsweep I found that most of what she told us during the questioning was true. Her name is Uzumaki Niko, She is twenty eight years old, after the destruction of Uzushiogakure she and her family fled to the land of water. The child that was found with her really is her daughter, her late husband died helping them escape their village when it was attacked.. Ect.The only lie was that she isn't a shinobi.

"I see.." Koto replied

"And did you find a connection between her and lady Kushina?" The hokage asked the two interrogators

"Yes, apparently they were childhood friends until lady Kushina came here." Ibiki supplied

"Thank you. You are dismissed"

After the two men left her office Koto went over to the windows behind her desk, peering out at the bustling village. "Kushina if you were here this would be so much easier" Koto said she continued watching the village billow