Chapter 13

Dick.

That was the only word Jason could think off at the moment.

No you dirty minded people not that Dick. He meant Dick Grayson. The man he'd fallen in love with. After Dick's little confession Jason decided it was a good idea to ask him out again, for moral support, of course.

The air was almost suffocating when he came back to his own apartment which consisted of Roy and Kori blatantly playing Uno. He said a quick hi but knew they were deep into the game so left them be and went to his own room. It wasn't morning actually, they had to get ready for petrol soon.

He'd decided to take the East and would supposedly bump into Dick. A total accident of course.

He didn't want to make Dick think he was a total stalker or something, just protective, but he swore to god that Bane was going to pay for what he did to his bird. He had already tracked done the armored man's location, all was left to kick his ass.

Of course, his accomplishment was achieved not only himself. Slade had done a lot of research himself (He owed Jason for saving his butt). Though with the size Bane was, it wasn't really that hard. What was surprising was that the man was hiding in the sewers, which to Jason as far as he knew, was usually Scarecrows place.

Either that, or Bane was finally thinking for once.

So now, Kori had gone with Roy somewhere near the South, leaving Jason to the West side, though he'd quickly change pace after a few hours. Calculating to 3. He ran into Tim, quickly apologizing for his behaviour and Red Robin agreed, then running into Demon Brat and Batman, ignoring the two completely.

He quickly changed pace when he scouted City Hall, and then ran to find Dick. Or in this case, run into him. It was a stupid idea, and Nightwing would probably figure out he was lying, but knowing Dick he'd probably not say a word just not to embarrass Red Hood.

And as expected, he saw Dick perched on the roof of some random building. He quietly crept towards him but then heard Dick say "Yeah, that's great Wally! I'll see you later, bye," He froze. Wally fucking West.

"Why were you talking to West?" He growled, Dick's head snapped to look at him and instead of looking nervous or guilty, he fucking smiled.

"Hi Jay, how are you?"

"Don't change the fucking subject,"

"What subject?"

"Why were you talking to West?" Dick raised an eyebrow but his smile never went "We both are in the Young Justice League Jay, if course I need to talk to him to get to know what's going on with the Team. Even if I don't work with them anymore, it's nice to hear their voices,"

Jason gulped, fuck.

"Uh... So, um, I wanted ta... Ask you something," He rubbed the back of his head. He didn't wear his helmet today. "Yes?" Dick asked, softly "And can you tell me why you left your position in the West?" Yup, Dick caught him.

"I... Uh... Wanted to... petrol here! Yeah, totally," Dick rolled his eyes, not believing it but also not pointing it out "Ok, fine, I came here to... ask you out?" He questioned, looking at Dick hopefully.

"Like a second date?"

"Yeah, if you put it that way,"

"Sure, why not? But like before, your paying," Nightwing teased and Red Hood smiled.

"Of course, Dickhead,"

"DON'T CALL ME THAT!!"