Spotted

Shanar couldn't wake before being seen. Its uncommon for one such as him to be caught.

  It was all her fault.

~~~~

  Coming out of the house, Jordan stared in disbelief.

~~~~

Shanar looked IP from where he sat, and his golden gaze fell on a guy with short black hair and brown eyes.

"Oh...." Shanar froze at the voice.

~~~~

  Jordan froze at the sound of the other guy's voice. The other guy was tall with red-brown hair and his eyes.... were... perculular. Golden. Strange.

~~~~

  Shanar was stunned to hear his own voice. He stood slowly.

  "Don't. Move." The man said. Shanar froze; he wanted to bolt.

  "Oh...." Shanar said again this time knowingly.

  "Yeah, oh." the older man said, "What the hell are you doing here?"

  A silence persisted.

  Again the older one spoke.

  "Answer me!" his brown eyes scanned around. Once his gaze passed over his dead wife; he went completely mad. He charged Shanar. "And what are you doing with my wife?!"

  Shanar stumbled back before the man could lay his hands on him. He was speechlessly stunned. Helplessly, Shanar could hear the accusatory words Siphrah said to him when they first got the assignment.

  "You won't be able to do this, Shanar." she said matter-of-factly. "You are just that worthless."

  He was taken aback. "Like you're much better." Shanar murmured quietly.

  Siphrah glared at him. "What did you say?"

Shanar fought his own laughter. "I didn't think I was that bad, unlike you."

   "Oh, shut it." Siphrah groaned. "You were never meant for this line of work." She sniffed and picked up the pace. "I....was."

  "Right." Shanar mumbled under his breath.

  That being the last thunder said, simaltaneously they opened the door leading to their father, Madicaro.

  Madicaro was an average guy, yet he wasn't. Being tall and thin, his dark hair and icy green eyes really made him seem evil. Yet, he wasn't all that evil. He just was himself. Madicaro sat regal upon what looked to be a throne. He was head of the Royalvar line. Royal, yet not. Each semi-royal line somehow had the word 'Royal' in their last name. First didn't matter.

   Before either son or daughter were in front of him, he spoke.

"The chance of more Silence-born is close." Madicaro paused and looked at the stunned faces of his children. "I need you to find it. Dismissed!"  He loved being short and sweet.

  Once the door closed behind the two, Madicaro sighed. What no one noticed though was the pain that etched across his face, as a Feeling crept through him.

  Hands around his throat is what pulled Shanar out of his reverie. He, for once, knew all about his father's Feelings. Only because he too felt them. Focusing on the old man in the Present, he attempted to loosen the old man's grip on his neck.

  Gripping the old man's wrists with just enough pressure to cause tons of pain, but not enough to break bones. Forcing the old man's hands off his throat, he said.

  "Stop. Let me explain please."

****