A job for you, Yato

No, no I couldn't have lost it

Piles of clothing were tossed onto the bed, drawers opening and slamming shut.

Where the hell is it?!

You leaned your head back and groaned in frustration, "I can't believe I lost my laptop already, how do you lose something like that?!". You haphazardly tossed your clothing back into the drawers and sighed. Okay, I'll just retrace my steps. It's not in my room, so I'll check the living room where I first came in.

The stairs creaked as your feet rhythmically descended the staircase at a rapid pace. As you scoured the den, you noticed both of your parents had already gone to work, their shoes and coats missing from the doorway. What if one of them accidentally took my laptop with them? No, they would have noticed it wasn't theirs if they grabbed it. Your crossed your arms across your chest and thought for a moment. The school is closed by now... I'll have to wait until tomorrow to check there.... Oh! The convenience store! You stopped by the store after school earlier today, maybe you left it at the desk with all the bags in your hands. Once you readied yourself to leave, you tucked your phone into your pocket and locked the front door on your way out.

The afternoon sun was warm amongst the chilling autumn air, earthy leaves gently gliding from the dull branches above. You looked down at your feet as you walked down the sidewalk, leaves crunching beneath your shoes. What am I gonna do if I can't find it? I can't make my parents buy me a new one, let alone finding out I lost it. I hope I can find it, I can't pray to a god about something insignificant like a lost item...

You looked back up ahead of you and some graffiti caught your eye.

Yato, huh? Never heard of him. He must be pretty desperate to advertise himself with graffiti. Well, a petty job for a petty god.

You pulled out your phone and called the number. The phone rang a few times before going to voicemail... with a full mailbox. You sighed and hung up. "Useless... He won't even pick up the phone". As  soon as you clicked your phone off, it immediately began to ring, a familiar number appearing across the screen. You sighed in annoyance once more and took the call.

"Hello?..."

You moved the phone away from your ear in shock as a male voice shouted loudly from the other end.

"I CANT BELIEVE YOU MADE ME MISS A CALL!".

Another, higher, voice spoke up from the background.

"YOU TOLD ME TO GO CHARGE IT!"

"THIS IS SOLAR POWERED!"

"SOLAR POWERED?!"

"WHAT? YOU THOUGHT IT RAN ON WIND ENERGY?!"

"JUST BUY A NEW PHONE THAT USES ELECTRICITY LIKE EVERY OTHER PHONE ON THIS PLANET! YOU'RE USING A SOLAR POWERED FLIP PHONE!"

"WE DON'T HAVE THE FUNDS FOR THAT!"

"SO YOU HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY THAT EXTRA LARGE, CAPYBA PRINT FUTON YOU HAD TO HAVE, BUT NOT A NORMAL PHONE?! NEXT THING YOU KNOW WE'LL BE USING THE LANDLINE AT THE GAS STATION!"

You stared at the street ahead of you blankly, slowly blinking as you listened to the conversation.

"..."

You hung up. He was more of a loser than you anticipated. You rubbed your forehead from a sudden headache and crossed the street to the convenience store. The bell rang softly as you entered the front door, the smell of fast food and gasoline filling your senses. You quickly approached the front desk and tapped your fingers on the hard surface.

"Excuse me? Have you seen a laptop around here? I think I might have left here by accident". The cashier looked up from her magazine and shrugged, "Nope, sorry hun, Ill let you know if I do". She buried her nose back in her magazine as you sighed.

Your phone rang again, and you knew exactly who it was. You walked out of the store and pulled out your phone. A sigh escaped your lips, sitting on a sidewalk bench and picking up the call.

"Look, this is-"

"Fast, affordable, and reliable! Delivery God Yato at your service!"

".... Hi, uh, I have a job for you. I lost my laptop and I was hoping you could find it for me".

You nearly jumped out of your seat as two figures suddenly appeared in front of you out of thin air. A bluey-purpley-black haired weirdo in a track suit and his blonde, chicken nugget side kick in a jacket that makes him look 3 times shorter than he really is. Those were your first impressions, atleast.

The dark-haired god held up five fingers, "That'll cost you this much!".

Five yen? That's it? Affordable, yes. Fast, not so much. Reliable... we'll find out.

You search in your pockets for a coin and placed it in his outstretched hand. He tossed it up, the coin glimmering in the sunlight, then caught it in the same hand with a cheesy grin.

 He tossed it up, the coin glimmering in the sunlight, then caught it in the same hand with a cheesy grin

"Your wish has been heard loud and clear, [Y/N]".