Who is Bishamon, Yato?

"Why would it be wrong?" Hiyori added. She peered at the test from behind Yato. He read the little instructions written on the plastic stick, then looked back at the single red line.

He let out a heavy sigh and smiled at you, "A baby is the last thing we need right now. We're on vacatiooon!". Yato spun around, a few stars sparkling around him. He held a smile on his face as negative thoughts flooded his mind.

It doesnt matter that we're on "vacation". Until my situation with Bishamon is resolved, I can't put any more people in danger. But... I can't run forever.

Seemingly out of thin air, Yato pulled out a paper list. "Here's all the landmarks we're going to! First, Times Square. Then the capital. And then-". You grabbed Yato by the collar of his windbreaker and yanked him into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him. Hiyori and Yukine stood there in shock for a moment, then realized the beating Yato was in for.

"Yato, this is serious!", you started. "I can't believe you almost got me pregnant! Imagine what my parents would say-". Yato placed his warm hand over your mouth, his sweet scent filling your senses.

"Y/n you're fineee, we're all fine. Now we know for next time! How about I treat you to a little somethin' somethin'?". Yato cocked an eyebrow as he flashed a seductive smirk.

You sighed and shook your head, pressing your fingers to your temples. "I can't Yato, I still don't feel good. The airplane food probably went bad. I'm gonna lay down for a while. We can do something fun tomorrow, okay?".

Yato looked down at you with sad eyes but nodded. He opened his mouth to speak until Yukine shouted from the adjacent room. "YATO! BISHAMONTEN!"

You gave Yato a confused expression until he picked you up and put you in the empty bath and shut the curtain. "Yato!" You said in an annoyed tone, grabbing the edge of the tub to stand back up.

What the heck is going on? What is a Bishamonten?"

"Y/n, don't move and stay silent, please". The tone in his voice silenced you immediately. You gripped the curtain softly, praying for their safety as the lock clicked softly. The room fell silent.

Yato let go of the knob quickly to erase any suspicious to Bishamon. He raised his hand and summoned Sekki, taking a deep breath.

I can't believe she found us here already, why does this keep happening? Forget it, I have people I need to protect. As long as Bishamon is on my tail, [Y/n] will never be safe with me.

...

You didn't like the noises that came from the other side of the door. Loud , metallic, clanging and gunshots eventually faded into the distance, you assumed the action moved elsewhere.

The combination of shouting and gunshots sounded so familiar, as if it were a distant memory chained to the depths of your mind.

A loud gunshot, louder than any bullet you've heard before. The sound waves rattled in your chest, evoking a sickening nausea worse than the illness you felt earlier in the day.

That same sound... happened when Yato cut his ties with me...

It was unclear why these long lost memories were suddenly reappearing piece by piece, but here you were, in a foreign county, for a vacation you lied about...

And something, no, someone wants you dead.

"That Bishamonten, Yukine said earlier, is after me... that's why Yato doesn't want me to leave this room", you deducted, your knees clutched tightly to your chest as you hid in the bathtub. You decided to trust Yato and leave it to him and the others to resolve the situation.

Your eyes caught a glance of the pregnancy test in the waste basket.

Yato was so relieved when I assured him that it was negative...

You slowly picked the plastic up between two fingers. Upon closer inspection, your heart dropped into your stomach.

A single blue line is negative, so a single pink line is...

Another shot fired farther in the distance. Your hair stood on ends, your hands forming into fists as you grasped the test tightly.

"Yato", you whispered in the silence of the bathroom, "who is Bishamon?".